Moonrise

Saturday, October 27, 2007

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave.
Dakota

Well, seems I have a conundrum. Dropped Lil' Wolfie off a while ago. My plans were pretty kick back, do some TV.........And he calls me.

Hey Wollf! Ca n you come down and pick me up a little later? Seems Mrs.P has made plans wherein Lil' Wolfie is not included. Her mom is in town. She is invited, I'm sure, to a Costume Party tonite. One, by the way, that we Both swore off going to Ever again......been going on for ten years, and the average age of the party goers has diminished drastically from our "late 40's crowd".

Catered affair, Open bar, gruesome goodies, DJ, etc. Used to be fun. Problem is, it's primarily 20 somethings. Math equation time!!

Twenty Five year old boy + Open Bar = Obnoxious, needs punching, Drunk.

Pretty much a snore fest. Mrs. P, last year tried to keep up with the kiddies. It was Not attractive. I think that was the beginning of her "midlife" thing. I know that it was a good thing for her that I had the ADD in full swing.....

Suffice to say, I had to clean up. I had to chase down and "save". I Definitely had to drive home, and put her to bed.

I Was Pi$$ed!!........Ooooh!, Something Shiny! I never could "focus" on my anger, I lost the anger faster than I lost the temper. But now I'm Treated. That's why I pretty much Know that if she were to come to me and say that she wanted to work on Us, the door wouldn't be open. Now I can focus. On what's good for Me. And what's good for my Cubs. And that doesn't include her. Not now, anyway.

She hasn't begun to work on herself.......full new warddrobe aside....

And I don't really Care what's good for her. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lying to myself. Yes, I still love her, but it's a lower case love. I won't allow myself to be hit like that again. Do I care enough to hope that she's OK? Of course I do....

And thus the dilemma. Take Wolfie, let her party. I'm the free baby sitter? That raises a growl to Wollf's throat. I am no babysitter. Wolfie is not an anchor. I'm gonna go down and get him. We'll have our usual grand old time, but:

I shall let her know what I feel. And that will include reminding her, In Front Of, her momma, of the Reader's Digest version of "what happened last year".

That is what the Man in me needs to do.

I want to leave a Clear set of tracks in this world.
Done with minor rant.

Next up, Dating?............Oh, Jeezers.
Wollf

7 comments:

K T Cat said...

Wisdom from someone who is years down this path ahead of you.

USE EVERY MOMENT WITH THE PUPS TO SHOW LOVE, GIVE GUIDANCE AND REASSURE THEM.

They will be older soon enough and will move out. Dating and wild women can come now or later, but they have to come first. My ex is of similar parenting skills, but has no social life, so I don't have to be the babysitter. I just have to do 100% of the parenting in 50% of the time.

You're doing fine, dude. I can read that in your posts. Think carefully if you want to bitch about being the babysitter or ask for more time with the kids instead.

I took my ex to mediation after a few years because she wouldn't support the kids' sports and I would. I asked for more time. I didn't get it, but I forced her to take responsibility.

In the meantime, if you want to have some fun, check this out.

I kind of went off on the poor, little dear. You might, too.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Twaddle? Twaddle, you so Gently put it?

A Huge steaming pile of........

Oh, this is My blog, and I try to watch the language.

You are Completely correct in your comments, and she is as blind as only an "I want it all, I can balance career and family, and be 100% FULFILLED" babosa can be.

It doesn't work for Men, it doesn't work for Women. And it Doesn't mean that you have to choose between.

It means that Life is Life. And it's friggin' difficult. It helps to be a team. You've stepped up to the plate, I have also.

I know it's gonna be rough, and I'm going to become angry and frustrate with Mrs.P's fantasies, but I have to work through that and be Dad, Sire, Teacher and Freind to the kids.

Thanks So much for your words of encouragement. It really does help.

No "wild women", huh? Damm, I guess I better go get a stick to beat them away.......they swarm, you know.

You used the word "Twaddle" in a viscious and righteous rebuke!!

I Love it.
Wollf

Rose said...

:) It is NEVER babysitting when it is taking care of your cubs.

K T Cat said...

Well said, Rose. Although, I can forgive his use of the term as he is learning the hard way to lower his reaonable and valid expectations of a woman who said "...in good times and in bad..."

I'm scared to go to the link now. I can only imagine what you did to them with all those nasty, sharp pointy teeth and all.

:-)

K T Cat said...

I wish I could go back and edit my comments after I leave them. There shouldn't be a comma after "Although." That kind of thing always bugs me.

Just neurotic, I guess. :-)

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Let me make a clarification.... First, I Never edit my posts, except a cursory spell check.
Kinda one of what I consider the goofy "charms" of this "Becoming" blog.

Let's the Reader see a "bit" more of the "randomness" of the ADD mind. If you're siily enough to re-read some of these, you'll see what I mean.

Thus, my explanation. Thanks for the comments to be sure. What I Meant to portray was Her considering Me to be her standby Babysitter. That is what annoys Wollf.

That She feels that the cubs are an anchor sometimes. I consider my time with them to be Prescious.

You're absolutely right though, Rose, one cannot "babysit" one's own children.

I'm going to drop Lil' Wolfie off pretty soon....She'll be all Momma for a bit, and then Leave him in the care of Bigger and She-cub while she drives her momma down to the Burbank airport.
A two and a half hour turn around.

THAT.....annoys me.

Wollf

K T Cat said...

I'd be annoyed, too.