Moonrise

Monday, October 15, 2007

Oops....not as short as I'd hoped

In every one's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

Well, Here I am. I need to finish the thought I was having when I was looking up that quote. As anyone who has been bored enough to read the early posts on this silly little thing knows, I have been moving steadily, with a few setbacks, out of one of the "many" dark times in my life.

Not to panic, I won't bore with another recitation. It's all there, spilt upon the ground of this "ones and zeroes" world. Binary i suppose, is the word. The purpose of this "hopefully" short post is to simply say "Thank you".

You all have helped to "rekindle" my inner spirit. Some of you have commented, some of you have e-mailed, some of you have "gently" chastised, or praised, or.......just hung around, finding something that piqued your interest. Heck, a bunch simply got their Google search all messed up, traveled through a digital worm hole and landed here in Wolfie land.

Then, split as quickly as they realized that they were in a "wrong" place for them.

I write as much for the People that have absolutely no interest in my drivel as I do for those quirky Souls that find this train wreck of a Blog interesting. Because, at the end of the day, I Have to write. A lot of our (is there such a thing as the "Royal" "our"?) regulars are also driven to write.

That's where the Magic is. This place that we're sharing is The Matrix. We're each different, disparate People, who for G-d knows how or why, have "found" a little tiny piece of each other.

We may well never meet out there in "Reality". But we have the chance through this medium to share almost anything with People we don't know.........and yet come to care Deeply about. I have read the essays and poems and humor and sorrows and political concerns of everyone who has posted.

If someone hasn't posted in a while, I wonder if they're doing well. I hope that they're too busy having a good time, or bettering themselves or their situation, that their dad is ok, or that they're winning their inner battle, or that their friggin' hamster is ok.

I've teased People, I've joked with People, I've been "told" that I've amused People or even made them Think in a different way. I like to think that I may even in some itty way, "helped" someone who is on the same, yet completely different Journey as I.

I've conversed with and been "accepted" by a few of what anyone with an ounce of sense would call "Bloggers of Renown". Serious People with Serious political and social concerns.

Essayists or Humorists or Poets or Pundits would be more correct. This Matrix allows us All to instantaneously touch the Souls of "millions" of People. (ok, in my case Three or Four). But they are Capital "threes or fours" of People.

I don't feel the need to make a grand political statement, I don't have the knowledge to advise on the current loan crisis, or the state of our union or even how to properly prepare a meal for twenty, (unless we're talkin' MRE's) or write Poetry that makes you cry............I'll try to leave that to the People that are much more talented than I.

I'm just a guy. A guy whose heart has been busted, and is slowly, ever so slowly, putting it back together again..............

I'm just a Man. A Man who wants to be a better Dad and a better Friend. A Man who is desperately searching for the definition of Love............

I'm just a wolf. An alpha male who has to protect his own, wreak his vengeance, dispel his urges, who needs his solitude almost as much as he needs his pack...............

I'm just a boy. Older than I seem. Younger than I am.

All of you Folkes have blown on the embers of my Soul whether you know it or not. My fire is rekindled.........thanks to you.

We all sing the same song, with different lyrics.

Wolff is Done being reflective for a bit.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Well said, Wollf. You start out not intending to interact, just to put stuff out into the universe, and the blog takes on a life of its own.

aA said...

Sr. Wollf, you are very eloquent (and loquacious) for a lupine. You have a lot more to say on your blog than I do on mine. But we're the same, and I like that.

You do a good job here, and though I don't often comment, I am fairly regular (since your "Ronin Profile").