Moonrise

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

But what..........will it be.........


Yup, Wollfe just seems to have had one of "those" days. Everything going fairly well, when of a sudden my nape fur stands of its' own volition. That weird, feeling of danger that I've gotten right before the fit hits the shan.


A strange and uncomfortable feeling that emanates from my groin. The same feeling you sometimes get when you're too close to the edge. Of something so high that People look like insects.


It's happened so many times in the past..........seconds before a knife is pulled and I have to intervene to stop bloodshed. I of course , am the one to bleed before tossing the blade behind the bar.


One verse of a Country song before the truck in front of me spins wildly out of control on a deserted highway in the Arizona desert and plunges into an arroyo. I have to calm the cubs, climb down and give what aid I might, shouting back to Bigger to "Get me Blankets!". He was ok, too drunk to feel his broken pelvis.


Moments into a night jump that went terribly, terribly wrong.


Days before my second born she-cub was born. With a previously undetected hole in her heart. Prelude and reason for my first Covenant with G-d. I came through on my part of the bargain. So did He.


A week before I found my first mate with my best friend. He lived, but for a time wished that he wouldn't. We talk now, my Honor assuaged, his regained. His scars remain, but he understands.


Not a fiction. I could go on and on. Missed flights because I had "that" feeling. Breaking at a rest stop because I had vertigo and missing a twenty car pileup in a dust storm.


Ever since the fateful bull ride. Truly vexing, and I can't really tell anyone.....except here, where I'm not really known and it can be put off as creative prose. So it's safe to tell.


Something is going to happen. My spine is tingling. My senses are acute. Something unexpected will attempt to hurt the Wollf, but he will survive as always and become that much more aware of his feeling.
The Wollf isn't worried. Worry is a waste of energy. He's simply ready................




1 comment:

Rambling Rose said...

Sounds like your empathy/intuition is highly developed - one of the gifts your feminine energies bring to you.