Moonrise

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Symbol of Independence


Now that I have close to Three readers, and because I'm only 90% sure about this, I'll solicit opinion. The Wollf scenario to ponder and comment on:

Wollf has been married to Shewhowon'tbenamed for over Twenty friggin' years.

Wollf shall be married no more.

Wollf writes, talks and thinks in Symbolic ways.

Wollf's Body is pristine., (well except for numerous and sundry scars from a youth well and truly lived).

Wollf wants his first Tattoo.

The Amerind name on the right bicep, about 3/4" tall, wrapped around the arm with feathers, wolf tracks....something.

Kinda like: ...................Howlsatmoon..........

Shewhowon'tbenamed would of course never "allow" such a travesty. Heh. I really like the Symbolism, Kinda says that I shall "Travest" all I want to.

Freedom, oh oh, freedom, well it's just some people talkin'.....

Well? We'll talk more tonite. Got the cubs. Yee-ha! Gonna go photog some bunnies.

Wollf

5 comments:

Linda Sue O'Grady said...

I got my first tattoo when I was 31, and my last tattoo when I was 38. Each one has meaning to me.

You are old enough to make your own decisions. I like the tattoo, but the only thing that matters is, do you?

Melisa said...

This may be too girly of a thought but because I am one, I can say this. You may want to consider what Coco Chanel always says, "When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on."...as it applies to your tattoo design. Design the tattoo and then take off the last part of it. Mainly though - make it you. Your own radio station of sorts. All you, all the time.

Anonymous said...

I must be number three. I've been hanging around here awile.

I like it and I like that you have the freedom to do it. Reminds me of one of my first post-divorce acts: I bought a phone answering machine and [GASP] I didn't research it with Consumer Reports first!

I'm now 13 years with current Hubby and we don't make rules for each other. It's a wonderful concept.

ligneus said...

Nah. Wrong reason for doing it. No going back if in ten years time if you wonder what on earth made you do it. It will always be a symbol of how you thought you must do it to prove you are free. There are way better tattoos than that one, smaller for instance. At least wait one year and then decide.

Anonymous said...

Don't do it. I used to work in geriatrics and, trust me, tattoos do not age well. Also, as ligneus suggested, your motive may be more revenge than simply wanting permanent artwork on your arm.

Find a reputable henna artist and get a henna tattoo. They wear off, and don't succumb to gravity in 20 years.