Moonrise

Thursday, October 4, 2007

A bit of my Pack's history.......................


Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand.
Passamaquoddy

This is a Proverb of "my" People. My Grandfather was Fullblood. I lost him physically when I was sixteen. He is definitely where I got this philosophical side. He is the One who named me.

I have never lost him in Spirit. He was always noting the wind, stars, the shapes of clouds. And seeing omens. I am the Wolf. He is the Eagle.

He sees what I could never see, and he guides me. Happy birthday, Grandfather.

You were true Peskotomuhkati. People of the Dawn. You are with me always, as I shall be with my Cubs.

Ok, nostalgia aside, some of you..........ok, None of you , but you know it doesn't matter. I'll bore you if I wish. None of you have ever heard of a tribe of Amerinds called the People of the Dawn, or Peskotomuhkati....Passamaquoddy.

Teeny,(now), little tribe where my Mama grew up. Damariscotta, Maine. Way in the hell up North and East of the country. I don't think anyone could possibly live any further away from my SoCal location and still be on the continent. (Ok, I know my geography, but Newfoundland doesn't count......sheesh.)

Aaaagh.......shewhowontbenamed just friggin' drove up.................I'm back. Whew, as in whew.
I moved out of "our" house down the hill and moved into Walkabout, (another word to put in the glossary), up here, safe a secure from prying behind a manned gate. I'm sure she "smiled" and the big goof of a security guard got all distracted......and waved her through.

Remember, she is the Beautiful Mrs. P,......now the ExP. Not to worry. All was well. She came through and dropped Bigger Cub off. Hollered "Hi, (name redacted)".....She does not call me Wollf, or even my newest favorite, Wolfie....heh., and left. It was kind of her.

I was not polite enuff to ask her in. Odd enuff she glimpsed the size of this place, let alone how its' interior is nicely appointed., (I got a super bitchen Queen Anne sofa Monday). I'm becoming quite the decorator. Elegant, but Manly.......wolfly?

Jeezers, I digressed to an entirely new level of tangent in this post. Not really sorry. Not sorry at all.

Happy Birthday Grandfather.
Thank you, Frau M.
Oops to Miss Shasta.
Good dreams to Walkswithwolves.

Hasta la Vista
Wollf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are on a roll . . . FM