Moonrise

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

No Warning tonite......just gonna break out the scatter gun

Note to self: Remove patch before Blogging if you wish to be amusing. NOW, Dummy!

Oops, 'scuse me a moment. Turn your backs and don't look. That Includes You, Frau M. (Inside joke to the One person that actually knows me, heh) Oh, yeah, hold on.............................

There that's better. You can turn around and read now. Oh, don't look so disappointed. Ask Frau M, "I ain't All That". (ain't that Bad either, lol)

So, what's up for tonite? One subject was inadvertently given to me by someone that I owe a coffee.

Honor. .......and Celebrity. It seems from all the headline that we read, that the two are mutually exclusive. Hugh Grant with hookers, Paris with her panties, Britney and rehab, O J and "How he would've done it", ad infinitum..........................................Until:

Kiefer Sutherland. Now, hold on, I know what you're thinking. (I've read your blogs, remember?) Yes, he was arrested AGAIN for DUI. Yes that's bad. In fact, it's friggin inexcusable.

Anyone who has ever driven a vehicle, (or in my case a horse....don't laugh, it was against the law, but at least he knew his way home.......where was I?) Oh yeah. If you've driven drunk, you were three paragraphs beyond stupid.

You needlessly risked your life, other People's lives and most importantly, My life and the lives of my cubs. So, if you have, and you know who you are, consider yourself Wollf slapped. Don't do it again. I like you, and I need the readers.

Baaack to Kiefer. Dude has a problem. Hasn't been able to shake the alcohol demon as of yet. But,

He has HONOR. He didn't hire expensive legal counsel, he didn't play the "I have a disease" card, he didn't plea for mercy. He didn't whine.

He plead No Contest. Took the beating he deserves. No ankle bracelet, no fourteen minutes in the jail anteroom sentence. He's doing Time. As Regular time as it's possible for a "target" like him to do. 48 days, I think.

Honor. He plead out the No Contest as a deal. Not for him, remember, Money=Get off scott free.
For the hundreds of regular People who would be financially and professionally affected if his Show, 24, couldn't shoot because he was out for a week or so during its' filming schedule.

So he took the full Monty in order that he could do his time during the shows' hiatus. And the grips and the best boys and the caterers, makeup People, carpenters, stuntmen, dressers, cameramen.......etc, forever......would still get a paycheck.

It wasn't their fault that he was stupid, that he has a "disease". He took responsibility and showed that he has Honor.

Wollf howls in respect for the little guy. You're stupid, Kiefer, but in my Log, you're a Man. I pray that you defeat your demons. You've shown guts. You can do it.

I'll talk again in a bit. Gotta have a few drinks......kidding.
Wollf

2 comments:

Rose said...

Nice shot! To set up your links - look at your upper right hand corner, click Dashboard (if you don't see Dashboard, click new post - you want to get to where you can click Template, once there it's all pretty self explanatory, click Add a Page Element, then link list. All kinds of fun.

Rose said...

I agree.

We were having this same conversation about protestors - who show up planning to get arrested, or worse - and then afterwards plead for leniency or file suit.

Seems they should have the integrity to take the punishment they said they were willing to risk - no?

Or else, what's it all for?