Moonrise

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Walkswithwolves

Sometimes I am deep.
Don't know why.
Can't know when.

Sometimes while I sleep
I can fly.
I'm Loved then.

All dreams spin out from the same web.
Hopi Proverb

Many things have come and gone in my life. I've seen many places, done many things, and yet, I've still got a long journey ahead. The Quest. The Path.

I've done many things in my life to cause pain. I've done many things to give joy. I've suffered what seemed insurmountable sorrow. I've enjoyed happiness.

I've matured. I've regressed. At middle age, I might be content.
Not the contentment of a barn animal, safe from harm, always fed.........

But rather the ultimate contentment of the wolf, as he glides through the forest, unsure of his future, but not caring. Hungry....he hunts. Tired.........he sleeps. Desirous............he mates.

And returns to his pack. He is Alpha in the truest meaning. He howls, but knows that:

The soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tears.
Navajo

1 comment:

cry_alone said...

WOW just WOW! you said you'd TRY poetry..... wow! Wolfie, you most defiantly have a peots soul! rocky pasts make for good poetry. and by the way, liking the name! lol! very clever. i love the part that speaks about how you might be content. not captive, but free to roam. very lovely.
wow!