Moonrise

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Loneliness is a time of reflection


Remember that your children are not your own, but are lent to you by the Creator. - Mohawk
It is the hard work that makes a parent. It is the standing to your principles, when compromising them stops the shouting.
Although at first glance, the idea of true Alpha raises the hackles of a Liberated female, why then are they always drawn to us? Note that I said "true" Alpha. The true Alpha male, be he Human or Wolf, is secure in his strength and ability to provide and care for his "pack"
He does not show off his power. He does not waste his strength on impressions. He just "IS".
He provides and guards the den. He leads the hunt and furnishes sustenance. He ferociously protects the young and his mate. He plays like a puppy with the young, and although he has brought down a mighty Elk with his prowess, he docilely allows the pups to ravage his ears.
He cares for the elder, more infirm of the pack until they can go no further, and then waits with them until they die. He mourns them with his Howl.
He rejoices and celebrates with his Howl. He is the Alpha male. He is necessary. His being is not antiquated. He cannot be replaced.
He is at his best when with the pack, but can only learn the things required of the Alpha, by being...............
Alone.
I am on that journey. I am at my best when loving my children, teaching the boys how to be Men and the girl what it means to a Man to be a Lady. Now, when I am forced into my lone trek, I am given the ability to see these things.
Provide, Protect, Play. Every single moment of every single day. A mate will come along, and I will not question my worthiness.................
For I am Alpha

2 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

This is truly beautiful and a joy to read. Glad to see you ob board.

Rambling Rose said...

Sorry about that - I usually check for typos before sending.