Moonrise

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yup, That Picture Again. ........


Bigger Wolfie left his cel phone in my truck last night. Being 15 and quite the "Lady's Man", he realized that he needed it in his possession. Might miss an important call, don't you know.....

Well, it was getting late and I was tired. I "blip bleeped" my key ring unlock, and down he went to retrieve his connection to the World of Women, (spell giggly adolescent girls).

I neglected to relock it. First time in Forever. In a "secured" neighborhood with roaming patrol officers......

Yup,....I forgot to lock it and some scuzz bucket found the door open and tore everything apart and .......STOLE MY CAMERA!! Aaagh. That thing, Sony, 10 mega pixel, SLR, bag, 300mm telephoto, et al.......gone. Am I as pi$$ed as the picture implies?

Nope. Weird actually. I'm bummed out now that the initial rage has subsided. And that really only lasted a minute or so. The Journey is the reason, I think. Being enraged about something I can't "really" do anything about seems a foolish waste of psychic energy anymore.

I actually saw a few ridiculously "positive" points in it.

1) I had just downloaded all the 250 plus pics that Bigger and I had taken at the Civil War....phew, they're not lost.

2) It gives me a "personal change" that I'll think about. Shows that I really am moving in the right direction.

3) Something "bad" happened to me and it has NOTHING to do with the divorce. The world doesn't revolve around "her" anymore.

That last is very important to me. It shows that I'm checking my baggage. The stuff I'll "carry on" to any future relationship will easily fit into the acceptable "overhead compartment"........

Oh....and I've got Lil' Wolfie over. He's finished killing terrorists on Call of Duty Four for a bit, and is relaxing, watching a History Channel show on Thermopylae and the 300 Spartans.....

An aside to ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ, did you know that "MOLON LABE" means, "Bring it on, Sucker!"?
Ask Lil' Wolfie, he'll set you straight.

Have a great evening. I have to trot downstairs and meet the Deputies. I think I've got all the info they might ask for written on two sheets of paper. No sense wasting any of their time on this "crime of the century". All they need is all the "who is" info on me, time frame, description and serial numbers of what was taken and my contact info.

And no, ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ, I won't ask them if they're going to dust for prints.
Oops, here they are.....whoooo! Cute "girl" Copper.
Wollf

3 comments:

K T Cat said...

Something "bad" happened to me and it has NOTHING to do with the divorce. The world doesn't revolve around "her" anymore.

Wow, was that an important insight or what?

Rambling Rose said...

Glad you were able to find some "positives" in your loss, Wollf. And I also acknowledge that I am sorry for your loss. I know how much that camera meant to you. It's a good thing that you had already retrieved your "valuables' from the camera so the loss was not greater still.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Yup and double yupp. I understand fully that the divorce thing is going to have bad days and not so bad days and even really good days.

And Paints with Word, wow am I glad I downloaded all those shots.
Wait'll I have time to photo-shop 'em a bit.

Y'all will think I came upon a treasure trove of civil war pics in the attic.
Thanks for caring,
Wollf