Moonrise

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Retirement Humor........

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to maketheir days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day I wentdowntown and went into a shop. I was only in there for about 5minutes and when I came out, there was a cop writing out a parkingticket I went up to him and said, 'Come on, man, how about giving aretired person a break'?

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a 'Nazi'. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.

So I called him a 'doughnut eating Gestapo.' He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes.

The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't care. I came downtown on the bus and the car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said'Hillary in '08.'

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.

Thanks to my second born back in Missouri for sending this.........it's been a kinda roygh coupla days......I needed the funny.

2 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

Very humorous story - thanks for sharing the laugh. In exchange - I send a warm hug. Whenever I had a couple bad days - I would go to my husband and he would always just hold me for a couple minutes -it always seemed to help. Hope the next couple days are better for you.

K T Cat said...

I've read it before, but it always makes me smile.