Moonrise

Friday, November 23, 2007

Where were we?

Oh my goodness, before I get into the psychological rambling, I wanted to update on the continuing She-Cub Saga.......

So, last night was taken care of. I was reprimanded quite strongly,(any of you with experience being Parent to a rather strong willed young woman will understand)...for having the Audacity to think that it was a good idea to cut the evening short(heh, 2300 hrs is the curfew)....because A) No gas can, B) No local gas staions open, and C) I figured she had a clogged fuel filter anyway.

So....we went home to Walkabout. I had to get her to work in the morning, and Lo and Behold.....she had locked my keys in the truck. Now it's all my fault that she might be late to work.........sheesh. I used one of my little known talents, got in and drove her to work.....wish I'd had ear plugs. All in one sentence, I heard:

"That Jeep is such a piece of crap, I hate it, you're so mean to me for bringing me home early! I hate you, Daddy, can you stop and get me an energy drink please?"

I'm used to it. It's normal. K T, I'll be here for you Buddy. It's coming your way quicker than you can imagine........
Taking a break, see you in a bit....

Wollf

3 comments:

Rose said...

:) LOL! I call it the stomp! stomp! stomp! SLAM! phase. Usually ends with the door being slammed. It passes very quickly. LOL.

aA said...

i have three daughters, one 20 (out of this phase and at Texas A&M) one 16 (firmly in this phase) and one 12 (deeply, firmly in this phase)

the oldest's survival indicates that it is a passing phase, but it still angers and hurts a dad!

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

aa...Yup is the best I can do. EXCEPT....and it gets a bit philosphical, you have to take a couple steps off the path when they're doing this shi-ite.

Once you get off the path emotionally, out of the "now", you can look at them, in all their feminine angst and confusion in a different manner.

My friend, it's tough, but you have to hold on to the fact that you are the #1 Man in their lives. They don't know how to express it yet, but as you se with your eldest, they will.

My eldest became my very best friend. My second calls me twice a week, still missing her daddy a bit, even with a family of he own.

Love 'em, speak softly and reassuringly,(like to a wild animal, lol), and you'll do just fine.

Best wishes to you, aa!
Wollf