Moonrise

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just wondering.........


Why is "Pentant" not in the dictionary? And no, this is not a George Carlinesque question.

Seriously, I was wondering because I'm kind of an "Old Testament" Christian, which I'm not sure is really a term, but the heck. First though, you have to understand my meaning of an OTC.

I'm down with all the "basics" of Christianity. No need or desire to proselytize. I believe in the G-d of the Old Testament. I understand the Kinder, Gentler G-d of the New Testament.

But my sense of Honor identifies, and feels more comfortable with the Original G-d.
A Deity that you Really, Really don't want to pi$$ off. (You remember, Floods, Locusts, turning people into salt......all that really scary if you're on the receiving end kind of stuff.)

He is easier for Wollf to understand. He made it simple. Hauled old Moses up on the Mountain, sacred the Be-jabbers out of him and sent him back down to his People with a set of Really Simple Rules.

The Commandments. Oh yeah, I know. You're cringing at the "thought" of The Bible according to Wollf. Don't worry. We won't be getting overly scholarly here. I have a point, remember? (Pentant, if you forgot).

Anyway.......Ten Commandments. Don't break 'em. (although your Jewish friends will only hold You as a Gentile to Seven.......(I'm thinking, "I'm gonna do this in just one Post?". Ok, ok......shhh, I'll tell you quickly, the Seven are from Noah, the guy with the flood that forgot the unicorn.....According to a lot of Jews, we Gentiles have a place in Heaven by just following to our Best ability, the Seven Commandments from Noah.

Just another reason why I back the Jews. They started this whole religion, we then added a Huge epilogue to it, and Still they spot us Three Commandments. Thank you, Rabbi.

Where was I? Oh right, thanks Rose. (not sure why I got the thought she wanted to smack me back on track).

Pentant.........RE-PENTANT. We're s'posed to be repentant People. Wouldn't being PENTANT......and really "Meaning" it suffice? We wouldn't need to Pent again. Pent? Now I have another friggin' word!! That one puts a whole new spin on "Pent up Anger".........come on, think about that one. Otherwise, I'll be writing this until dawn. I simply can't do all of your thinking for you, People!

So the point? Pentant, Repentant, Old Testament, Jews, Gentiles.....

It just seems to me, and occasionally irks me, that some New Testament Christians...
are "Pentant" with so many "Re"'s...... and figure that they are "Forgiven" every time they say their night-nights.....that it makes their repentance meaningless.

Yes, I understand the whole thing about G-d in his Mercy Realized that we were too imperfect to make the grade, and so he, in essence gave Christians a "Short Cut".

The bottom line to me Folkes, is that you shouldn't push your luck with Him. If you screw up but are truly Pentant, you shouldn't have to Pent again. But, we're just People and we can't cut it. Ok!! Just keep your need for Re-pentance to a minimum, will you?

Because the Old Testament G-d hasn't been usurped. We Christians didn't win any coup. He's still here. And though we may live in Faith that we're always Forgiven, we won't know for sure until it's a bit late to compensate......

Be Honorable. Do your Best to follow His Commandments. It seems to me, That's all He demands.

Wollf, done being philosophical, or whatever I just did.

Oh yeah, just for giggles, Eff Ann Coulter.
Self aggrandizing Twit.

5 comments:

Rose said...

Nah. I'd never slap ya back on track. Only in ad copy do you have to stick to one clear message. :)

Rambling Rose said...

Thought-provoking post. I like your wrap-up - Be honorable and do your best to follow the Commandments. I think that says it all. Honorable is a word that should be brought to Life again. A lot of actions would quickly be aborted if we stopped to ask ourselves, "Is this the honorable thing to do?"

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I just realized that I have other "Pents"......actually, anger would not be one of them.....

Someday I'l get to share them with some special person.

RR, absolutely! I could Truly have gone on forever on this subject. Perhaps a Book, for cryin' out loud.

"Honor and Heaven, No One Without The Other"......hmmmm, maybe some day if my skills improve.

Rose......thanks, I'm imagining that you kinda enjoy the adventure.

My Eldest,(G-d Rest Her Soul), used to look me in the eye and say,
"Wollf, you're the Gold Standard for Men, but sometimes I think you're lost in space without a map!"

She "got" the ADD way before I had a clue.

Loved that Woman.
Wollf

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Oops.....Still Do......
Wollf

Linda Sue O'Grady said...

"... and Still they spot us Three Commandments..."

Oh my! That was most excellent and went a long way towards cheering me up! Thank you!