Moonrise

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving.......


Anyway, got to thinking about the Great Debate back in 1775 between Jefferson, Adams and Franklin regarding a National Symbol.

I reread Franklin's words, (he Hated the Bald Eagle),"For my part," he declared, "I wish the eagle had not been chosen as the representative of this country. He is a bird of bad moral character; he does not get his living honestly. You may have seen him perched in some dead tree where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the labor of the fishing hawk and, when that diligent bird has at length taken a fish and is bearing it to his nest for his young ones, the bald eagle pursues him and takes the fish. With all this injustice, he is never in good case."

Some people have since questioned whether the eagle would have been chosen to adorn the seal had the nation not been at war.

But I for one, am glad the Eagle won out. I mean, who the heck wants to sit down to a Family dinner of Eagle and all the fixins'?

Yuck. Oh, hey....an aside (surprised?). That Psychology thing I'm writing....seems my Personality is like that of John Adams. Someone "else" you know leans toward Thomas Jefferson........oddity reigns my life.

Happy Turkey Day.
Wollf and his Pack

No comments: