Moonrise

Monday, November 12, 2007

But K T, What am I to Do?......


Watched a couple videos over at KT Kats place about the messages that advertising is sending to our little girls. Unreal self conceptualization. Unreal expectations. A really good education as to the Bravo Sierra they sell at the Ad Companies.

Please do check it out at The Scratching Post: Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty: Onslaught#links#links.

All three of my She-cubs were blessed with realistic and positive images of themselves. No binging-purging, diets, etc., thank G-d. But I really get the point, especially after having watched the Dove video.

Oh, just in case you wondered, the poor dear young Lady in the pic is my youngest and very precious She-cub. I'm just posting it because I'm in a bad mood today, and it made me smile. She's having a bit of a bad time with MrsP. right now.

Trying very hard to be independent, dealing, or rather "not dealing" with the divorce thing has been most difficult on her. She'll most likely be going away to college next Fall........my little one. Away from Wollf's protection.

Probably be tougher on me than her, you think?

Anyway, check out the link and share it around the horn.

Real Women are beautiful no matter their shape or looks. (Mine just got kinda lucky)

Back later, I'm gonna go down to the pub for a bit of Monday Night Football.
Why, you ask?

Because I can. (one of the VERY few advantages to my situation)
Wollf

5 comments:

Rose said...

She's a beauty - and the difficulties - this too shall pass.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Thanks, and thanks.

She's really a great young lady.
Makes me Proud.
Wollf

K T Cat said...

She's lovely. As for the problems with Shewhowon'tbenamed, well, the Chinese symbol for trouble is two women under the same roof.

:-)

As for the rest of it, in time she'll have to come to terms with it. Everyone has different speeds and there aren't many ways to speed it up. All you can do is listen and support without judgment.

Thanks for the link, too.

Foxfier said...

Finally! A healthy looking pretty gal!

I'm a happily almost-married gal, but I do try to people watch a lot-- it's fun.

So many of the gals I see have that something where they WOULD be lovely...except that their hair looks like straw, they have no curves in the face, and their eyes can't smile.

This gal looks healthy, her eyes are smiling and I'm betting she's got a good sense of humor.

Nice work. ;^p

Rambling Rose said...

Very beautiful young lady, Wolf - and looks like she may have the personality to match.

Mother-daughter relationships can be difficult at the best of times. This is when Dad's support really makes the difference. Hang in there!