Moonrise

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Jeeez...Am I Ever going to do the Psych Post?

Ok, bear with me, please. I've had this really interesting, (and as usual too late), revelation about my "personality profile".

Yes, I'm going to share. It's kind of heady, but I think I'l understand myself better once I write it out. As a prologue, you might be interested in the new little clicky thingie on the right sidebar, Wollf's Psychology.

If you're on any sort of personal journey yourself, I Highly recommend that you take the Kiersey test yourself. The point of my future post is that when this Blog started, my Doc suggested I take the test to help me (and him) understand who I am. (MrsP also took it, but that's part of the future post).

Anyway.....three months back, I tested out over a series of seven times as an ESTP personality type.

Since then, I've completely rid myself of the remaining shadows of depression, I've cut ALL alcohol out of my life....and I've taken up The Muggle patch. I've added this Blog to my life, meditaton, etc.

In the last two weeks, I went back to the test. I've taken it seven additional times on alternating days, and my profile has changed. One silly a$$ letter. I went from ESTP to ENTP.

Did I change to the "N"? Nope, I don't think so. I'm going to see the Counselor Doc next week to discuss. I "think" that I've always been the "N"(stands for Intuitive) but it was masked by minor depression and the combination of my ADD and alcohol?
I don't know...

I'll express my feelings on it more in the future as I become more familiar and comfortable with it.

Aaagh! She-cub just called. She has run out of gas in her,(MY) little red jeep.

Again. My word. What's a Sire to do? One thing and one thing only. Protect my Cub.
See you later. Just what I wanted to do at 2230 hrs.

Wollf

6 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

I think you're on to something with your reasoning in regard to the change - it makes sense. I had great fun taking the test today and found it to be "Right On" about me.

K T Cat said...

You're a good dad!

I'm a strongly typed ENFJ. I like Myers Briggs a lot. In looking back at past relationships of all kinds, you can see how it could be a broad predictor of the good parts and the bad.

As for the depressants, the depression and the ADD masking your true self, well, isn't that what psychotropics do? That's why we take them, when we take them deliberately, we want to mask some aspect of our lives with a drug-induced pleasure. That various conditions like ADD and a tumultuous eventy in your life achieve the same ends isn't a big surprise.

I'd say you're spot on with your analysis.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

One of the many weird things that are going on in my life now. MrsP tested out as a strong INTJ...something like 1% of the population....and even then, mostly males.

The ESTP that was "masking" is as oil to water with an INTJ. No wonder she was fed up.

I've wondered how we had gotten along as well as we had....was it the ADD? I just couldn't focus on the problem?

I think the answer lies in the true personality. The recovered ENTP is the "Perfect" fit to the INTJ. No wonder that we were inexorably drawn to each other...

Too bad. Too little, too late. I will expound as I get to know the profile better.

Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

It is never too late. Maybe too late for things to be like they were. Perhaps you would have been content to remain ESTP your whole life if she hadn't said "No More!" Anyway this shows great promise for the new and changed relationship you can build on in the future. It will take time - and you will have to be completely honest with yourself, on a momemt to moment basis, about what you can handle as part of that new relationship, and what you can't. I see a new and healthier Wollf building new and better relationships with all those he loves. All it will take is focus and open communication. You already have "the gift" - now all you have to do is open it carefully - truthfully....

Rambling Rose said...

My mind keeps on wanting to take me back to addictions and Intuitive types. I think it would prove worthwhile exploring that a little - along two lines of thought - (1) Before an intuitive person knows that he is intuitive and learns how to use that gift to improve life for himself and others, he has a whole lot more to deal with than a person who is not intuitive - things that don't fit with what his other senses are telling him. It creates more difficulties in his life and he finds himself/herself more in need of a "pacifier" (the substance of choice). (2) Perhaps a person unconsciously reaches for the pacifier knowing it will deaden his/her senses to the point where he will only have to deal with the tangible things - and even then with a "buffer".

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Thanks, my Friends....Lil Wolfie went back to MrsP at 1400hrs, Bigger decided he wanted to "hang" a while....but tonite I'm back to aloneness.

I'll probably go all esoteric on this subject, even including the Raccoon visit....might be interesting what's bouncing around in this head of mine.

See you then, I look forward to the comments.....
Wollf