Moonrise

Monday, November 5, 2007

Random thoughts from a Bouncing Brain.......

I took the leash off the Wollf today. I was invited to a "Brainstorm" regarding a few brainteasing situations.......

They got possibly a bit more than they bargained for with what they refer to as my ability to think "Laterally". Hoo boy, forget the brainstorm. Put away the umbrella, I produced a full scale, Category 5 Brain Hurricane.

After it was over, I heard one of the fellows remark that, "Wollf doesn't just think outside the box...........sometimes I wonder if he knows Where the Box is!" Followed by a murmured, "Yeah, but he comes up with Solutions."

I told you ADD isn't a curse. Now that I have a "portal" into and out of Wizard mode, I'm learning to channel my bouncing brain.

Thought I'd continue here a little bit.

Here in So-Cal we enjoy Fruit and Vegetable seasons, possibly a bit more than other places in the country because of the myriad types of crops the farmers can grow. Strawberries to corn, oranges, lettuce, avocado and lemons to name a few.

When strawberries are in season, they're extremely cheap, 7-8 bucks a Flat.And absolutely delicious. Picked in the morning, in your ice cream that night.....yum.

I realized today that we also have Tootsie Roll season. We're in the height of season right now. For some reason that I can't fathom........(when you're thinking laterally, sometimes the obvious is not quite so..), Tootsies are Extremely cheap. Seriously, Folkes, check it out yourself!!

We're talking 30- 50% less than usual! And the amount on the shelves........they have to sell them in "bulk" packages, almost like strawberry flats! I also have to tell you........they are Fresh! You don't have to risk breaking a tooth on the things......even the Jumbo sized ones are soft and chewy.

I love this time of year. Well, I have to tell you, when it's done with and the shelves are empty, it's a long time until "Peeps" are in season. You think this is goofy? Go ahead, find a fresh "Peep" anywhere, I dare you.

Wollf knows whereof he speaks. Funny thing though, why do hard boiled, colored eggs come ripe at about the same time as the "Peeps"? And then there's the correlation between Tootsie freshness and the sudden appearance of those little corn looking things.

Hmmm........this warrants some scientific investigation. Well, we at least know that there's no "cover up", or Conspiracy involved.

Rosie O'Donnell hasn't even Mentioned it. She's obviously not afraid that they might be tainted.
Oh, that was mean. I apologize Rosie. Eat all the "Peeps" and Tootsies you want.

The more that go into your mouth, the Less we have to endure coming out of it. Heh. It was an inside job, Rosie. George W controls the price of Tootsies, I've heard.

Break Time!! Everybody grab a bite. Use the restroom, go for a walk.....Hell, write a posting for your own Blog......give someone a hug. If you don't have someone, send one psychically to Wollf. I could use a nice, long hug.

How in the Hell did I go from Brainstorming to Candy to Rosie and her idiotic, moonbat conspiracies? You'll never understand....................I don't.

But I Love it!!
Gotta take the Cubs down the hill.........we changed days this week.......because......Shhh, Mrs P's baby sister is coming to town on my usual Wednesday-Thursday school nites with the Cubs.

It's a "secret". From me. I am simply bemused at the thought that something so silly can cause Her to expend energy in "not letting Wollf know"...........just goofy. Doesn't want me talking to her Sis.

See you in a bit, the Bigger Cub is restless.
Lil' just hollered at him, "I'll Keeeel You!!"
Better stop the bloodshed,

Wollf

1 comment:

Rose said...

After it was over, I heard one of the fellows remark that, "Wollf doesn't just think outside the box...........sometimes I wonder if he knows Where the Box is!" Followed by a murmured, "Yeah, but he comes up with Solutions."

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Ya gotta love it!