Moonrise

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Interaction Time........

Ok, Campers, Ol' Wollf has an interactive moment for you. We'll see if anybody actually reads this drivel.

I'm down in a bit of a "trough" this evening. Yesterday almost giddy as I'd said. But, (Warning: Metaphor Time), I'm no longer on any sort of Roller coaster of way highs, (that old enemy of mine, Hope), or real lows, (when frustration at "why" sets in).

I see my place now as being adrift in an active Sea. The change in elevation between the top of the swell and the bottom of the trough isn't nearly as great as it was when I started this Journey.

And, to keep the metaphor going, I don't have to keep barreling wherever the tracks take me. I get to choose which way and how hard I paddle. That is a good thing. See? I feel a bit better just having written it down.

Now, the interactive part. Two parts, really. I would REALLY appreciate all two or three of your inputs.

1) Please take part in the little clicky thing poll over in the sidebar. I have accepted the inevitable divorce, and as I was frustrated this evening, I sent a Text Message to MrsP. I told her not only how to find this Journal-Essay-Blogsite, I told her that she "owed" it to herself and more emphatically to me, to read it.

It just frustrates me no end to see Anyone make a move of this magnitude in their Life without getting the information to make an informed decision. Bothers me as much as the "I don't love yous" did at the beginning. This is a decision, anyone who might be contemplating it themselves, that has ramifications far beyond simple "I want to find my self's" and "I want to be Happy's".

Those are broad based generalisations, Folkes. Just a little arithmetic, Thanks KT for bringing that up a month ago, shows that this decision will cost "her" over a (REDACTED) dollars over the next ten or so years. Cool. It was her choice and she's not only a grownup, she's also one of the smartest ladies I've ever known.

So, as #1, please take the poll, Get out the Vote, gimme some input here, People. Did I Eff up? Will it be used against me in some unimaginable way? I just felt it was fair that I be "seen"......don't have to like it, Lord knows how many People stumble in here, say what the Eff? And leave, never to Google anything again for fear of another mind bend.

Ok, that was number one.

2) And this one is going to take some effort. Don't be shy, please. The input that I've gotten from You is what has allowed me to come so far so fast. Come on, imagine your innermost "let it all out" feelings being written in your Diary, and then all of a sudden it's swiped and published in the newspaper. No one really knows you, but of a sudden, Everyone knows you. It makes you own up to your Being...and helps you Become.

So, here's what I'd like. You'll enjoy reading the comments too. How in the Heck did you find this teeny little corner of the Matrix? Simple question. Don't leave the comments to those Hardy Few Loyalists. I'd love to know.

Be Anonymous, no problema. Oh, for Rose up in Humboldt where I comment a bit, please be "Anon 1", Anon 2", et cetera....I'm always getting confused about who is whom on her site. She has an Army of "Anons" up there.

You don't know how? Thar's another little "clicky" thingie just below this post. It says......"Comments", for cryin' out loud. Join the fun. Give a Brother a Hand....

Two things, got it?
I think I feel better already.
Oops, I have to make a "clicky" thingie Poll.

Then have some sorbet. (Ok, cut out the snickering, I don't know if I'll like it, but they were out of Banana Split.) Remember, "Sorbet don't make you Ghe"

Later, and thank you,
Wollf

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not so hard. I found you from your Ronin Profile on IMAO. I don't usually follow the links in those but I did yours. I want to go back and take a look at it to see just what was there that made me follow the link but the site seems to inaccessable at the moment. Maybe later.
The poll was harder. I voted that it was probably a mistake but I want to qualify that with it's only a mistake if it causes you to give up one bit of the honesty. I don't see a problem as long as you don't edit for the new audience. It might be hard not to.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Exactly the type of comment I was hoping for!

You don't have to worry about the honest feelings on this post, ever. And heck, it was the impetuous "honesty" that probably drove her up a tree anyway.

Imagine how difficult I probably was....full on Wizard mode, depressed, seven things in my mind at once and then the lax tongue that comes with a bit of drink.

I did come back and edit out an unusually big number that just didn't need to be there. Might be some tax guys in the audience, doncha know.
Thanks!
Wollf

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think she should and would want to read it. It's quite a love story, Wollf. You guys have been through alot. Those are bonds that don't go away. You have kids, and those are bonds that still tie you together. It is obvious there is alot of pain in the past, but alot of good there, too.

Rose said...

One word of advice - read from the first post forward. It tells you what was the genesis of the blog. Click on the blog archivestart at the bottom of August.

Blogs take on a life of their own, and become a conversation at a coffee shop, more interactive than a diary, but those early posts will be the raw emotion, maybe talking more to her than us. Pretty powerful stuff.

Anonymous said...

My feelings exactly: I think having Mrs. P read this blog is not constructive at all. For one, if the marriage is going to work, it won't be on account of what you have written in your blog -- the marriage rests on the love she has with you and what effort and willingness she has at looking at both sides, you and her, to salvage the marriage. The blog may even have a negative effect -- she may feel that she has been exposed in a way -- having her portrayed on this blog -- not only have your feelings been flowing over the internet but you have also involved her and the cubs' lives. She may take it the wrong way.

Just a thought or two.

Rambling Rose said...

I think you should have put an "Other" choice as well. I chose one option but really wanted to vote "I wouldn't dare hazard a guess" - but since you've already done 'the deed', I don't have to worry about influencing your decision so I will speak freely.

If she couldn't handle your honesty in private, she definitely won't be able to handle your honesty in the public arena.

I noticed that your wife has the very same letters in her personality profile as my son - I KNOW he would not like me sharing ANY of what I share on my blog - even if it doesn't concern him.

But we have to respond to those things from our deep inner Selves that are demanding to be heard - acknowledged - by those we love. It sometimes takes a while for us to recognize and accept that those people are just not capable of responding in the way we want them to.

Walk carefully for awhile, friend Wollf. Even after those highs and lows are behind us, we are in danger of having practical judgment washed away by strong emotion.

Rose said...

Despite the sadness of the situation, the blog is more of a celebration of the family, and love. It's a positive. But I see your points, rr.

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Wollf,
"Look always forward. In last years nests there are no birds this year."
Miguel de Cervantes

Let it go! You are torturing yourself.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ, it took me a bit of stewing to let this sink in. I think I agree with you.

Not nearly as "respected" a source as Cervantes, but what finall popped to mind was the Colonel's line to John Rambo in "First Blood"......

"It's Over, Johnny." The Colonel was right.

Thanks,
Wollf

Foxfier said...

Wollf-- I came here via KT Cat's blog, who I got to know when I was given an office. *Grin*

I think...it's an honorable choice. A way for her to find information without you having to use spoken words, which--as much as I love them-- suffer from being unpolished and less considered before the fact.