Moonrise

Monday, November 12, 2007

Final for Veterans Day.......


I didn't have the Cubs today......it sucked. I did a minor pilgrimage as I do every year up the highway to Ivy Lawn. I just go. They set up about 1000 American Flags and decorate all the Vet grave sites.

It's just a way for me to remember guys who weren't so lucky as others. Never really leaves me in a very chipper state of mind, but it's necessary. Even got up there, out and situated by the Eleventh Minute of the Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month.......(even though it was the twelfth, I know)

Nobody tolled the bells. Nobody does that anymore. They had the wonderful memorial at the Civil War thing yesterday. I just always do my thing on the day off. Just seems right to me. Keeps it from just being a day off.......

Oh yeah, I heard the bells, even if they weren't really tolled. I hope you took the time to listen for them too.....

No comments: