Moonrise

Thursday, September 13, 2007

On Adventure, Dads, Nazis,Bad Smells and Snitching

Hey, this IS somewhat about the ADD author, isn't it? Read on, the Title makes sense, to me anyways. Hardly anything about the Relationship, unless you're evolved enough to read into the whole thing what my position is about "Roles in Parenting". (I just added that so that if you did get confused, you just might be fooled into thinking that I'm deeper than I really am) heh.

Well, just exactly what should I blather about tonite? This is a record setting evening for me, you know.......20 days in a row of doing something without allowing myself to be sidetracked. Not that much of it is good for anything except self expression, but by dammit, I happen to be pleased with myself.

The cubs all had the day off of school today. L'shanah tovah. Today is a Jewish Holiday, and I "think" I got the greeting right.

Anyway, the she-cub did what she usually does on a day off.......went into spontaneous hibernation on the couch in front of the tv. Amazing to me how although the late teens are remembered as some of the most exciting of our lives as we get older, the truth is that most of us slept through them. Heh.

The brothers, remember, 10 and 15 decided on a day o' adventure. Took a couple of their fellows and decided to tame the wilderness surrounding our neighborhood. Yes, it truly is a wilderness.....see blog on rattlesnakes, coyotes and moron suburbanites........and they really shoulda called the Beautiful Mrs.P to ask permission.

Well, needless to say, they didn't. Knowing full well what the response would be. They opted instead to venture forth into the wilds unbeknownst to Momma or Pap Wollf.

Called me in the afternoon to let me know I should pick 'em up at a different than usual coordinate. Happened to be about three miles from the homestead at the head end of a fairly rough canyon that I have hiked a time or two.

All four of 'em piled into the truck, covered head to tail in dirt, mud thistle and the Dammdest smell I ever had the misfortune to experience. They had a good time. They did some dangerous shi-ite, found the "hidden", (heh), pool, cliff and waterfall and did what kids do.

They shall receive a "talkin' to" tomorrow morning. Bigger is at Drumline, and lil' wollf is much too busy killin' Nazis on "Call of Duty" to be bothered. Give me a Break!! It's Roshshana for Chrissakes. What better day to kill Nazis?

I digress. Of friggin' course I digress, it's what I do here. Yes, I took off the muggle patch early tonite. I'm getting much more control of my "impulsivity" even without it. That's from the meditation and following Wollf's rules of order.

Hmmm........I digressed again. No wonder I drove the poore...(heh, inside joke)....Mrs.P to distraction at times.

Did it again, didn't I?

The Point being........will old Wollf snitch on the cubs? Should I tell the Beautiful Mrs.P that the elder "forgot" to let her know that he was hauling off the younger to a place unbeknownst to her? A place where all Sorts of horrible Mother Nightmares live? A place that would be cause for
World class suspension of the "joys of life", ie: GROUNDED!!!?

Heh, Not on yer friggin' life. Not the sort of thing a Momma needs to know. I'll deal with this one. That's what Dads are for. Will they get grounded? Nope. A short reminder .......Quite Firmly, I might add shall suffice, I'm sure.

There, that's your story for tonite.
I gotta go kill some Nazis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are insane, do you know that? On the other hand, your Lady needs to crazy if she doesn't get you back. I'll take you! Excellent writing,Serious,philosophical,witty,deep and funny. Never know where you're going to go with a subject. Thank you for sharing with us.