Moonrise

Thursday, September 20, 2007

But Mom....I don't Wanna !......

So there I am, all relatively content that this nightmare is over, and I get well respected Professional advice "not to throw in the towel just yet"

Aaagh. O K, Doc, if you say so....but I'm done. Done with needing. Done with hoping. Done with walking around on friggin' eggshells because of Anyone. She can do what she wants to do....I'll do what I Need to do.

So that's it for that. (for tonite, anyway), it's harder than I might imagine, I'm sure, to fully extricate myself from a web that took 20 years to build. Stupid is what this all is now, and I may be a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of 'em.

As an aside though, insinuating yourself into the life of a married woman, Especially one who's married to a fellow with a past as "interesting" as mine.........Now That is Stupid.

Got the cubs over tonite, lil'wolfie and I just finished dinner and setting up a war scene for him to wreck poste haste after he finishes his homework. Bigger is doin' his Drum thang over at the high school...........Hey, that reminds me!

Had a Bomb Threat at the school a couple days ago. That's what prompted the end game conversation with Mrs.P. Made for a day of cluster-eff such as I truly haven't seen since Diego in the 70's.

Got a call from the she-cub,(senior, remember), that the student body was being evac'd to the football field. She felt that this was a less than prudent idea, as she has the imagination to see a possible setup. I'll explain this one simply and Without detail......Maximum targets in minimum area equals maximum damage.

She decided, while on the dam phone with me, that it would be wiser to leave the hot zone. As in, in Her words, (well, she Might have heard them "somewhere)...Escape and Evade. I hear through her phone, a male voice yelling,"Come back here", followed by she-cub's "Gotta go, Dad".......

Next I heard from her she was in her jeep and motoring safely home. Deputy Dawg didn't stand a chance at catching her. I told her she could have been in Big trouble, to which she matter of factly responded, "12.6 hundred meters, Daddy. He wasn't going to catch me. And besides, Daddy, I was Scared".

Yes, I did my parental duty and "got her in trouble", but not so much. She called me "Daddy", she was "Scared".....and she did remind me that she'll be turning 12.6's or better come spring for the Track Team. Heh, girl knows how to run her Dad.

So, to end this story, I still had to leave work for Three friggin' hours, stand in the sun in a Huge crowd of concerned parents, show I.D. Twice, in order to free Bigger wolfie from the stadium. (He's not anywhere as Fast or Independent as his older sis.)

The day was a pain all the way around, and the Evac and subsequent "crazies" are what precipitated the "I'm firggin' Done" conversation with the kids' mom.

That's it for tonite, gotta go get Bigger. Here's one we can "possibly" All get together on:

Eff Ahmadinnerjacket! That rat ba$t#@$d wants to lay a wreath at Ground Zero? For whom? (sorry, I know when to use who or whom...doesn't mean I'm a prissy pants.)
The Fallen? Or the friggin' Hijackers?

One, he shouldn't be allowed in the Country, let alone at that Memorial, and Two, if he is allowed there, he should be introduced to the Ironworkers and Carpenters on site. Let them show him some New York hospitality. Heh

Ok, Hit he racks, you've got a long day tomorrow.

No comments: