Moonrise

Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day...


"The distinction between past, present, and future is only an illusion, however persistent"
Einstein

Whoa,Nellie. Philosophy. Physics. ADD. The scuttlebutt is that ol' Albert was high ADD. Same thing with Edison.

How did they stay on task long enough to do what they did? Hyperfocus? It happens when something REALLY strikes an ADD'ers fancy. Just wonderin', is all.

I learned something about self medding this mornin'. Seems my "muggle" patch, (for new readers, "muggle" is my Harry Potter reference to how all you "non-Wizards" think only one or two things at a time, heh), fell off yesterday sometime. I noticed the difference this morning when I got up, about 0530 to go check out some hiking trails for the cubs and I.

My mind was like the avatar that I respectfully "borrowed"up above. I put on the patch, drank two cups of coffee....Mistake....and now it feels like I'm on speed. The thoughts are back to focus, no prob there, but I'll know in the future to avoid too much coffee.

Anyway, solo hiked out a few miles of good trails for the cubs and I. Hid some stuff along the way and noted their geo-coodinates, and when it gets a bit cooler, I'll take 'em out and see if they can locate the goodies using compass, map and c-ords. I'm sure we'll have to fall back on my electronic geo-cheater, but hell........it'll be a lot of fun and they'll learn something too. Heh, heh, always an ulterior motive.

That's what I did this mornin'. I'll post again late tonight. Mebbe if you're lucky, I'll be mildly pissed and slightly amused by one of the days events.

It'd do me good not to blog relationship for once. Might just be enjoyable. I'll continue to vent the crap of course, but the whole point of this Blog is to step past the "where I was", and into the "who I AM". (anybody get the "what's your Name", Old Testament reference there?). Egoist? Nope, just realizing where the quest just "might" take my understanding.

Talk to you tonite.

No comments: