Moonrise

Friday, September 28, 2007

I......and by Extension, You...do not exist.

It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, but that not every one is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so if every planet in the Universe has a population of zero then the entire population of the Universe must also be zero, and any people you may actually meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination. ~Douglas Adams

And thus, one of my fave "Concept" movies......ok, the special effects were friggin' great.....is The Matrix. Suspend disbelief. Absorb the concept. We aren't here. Because we have no true understanding of where "here" is. But we are "somewhere". Aren't we?

But then, what of the Adams quote? The math he's quoting "seems" to work, (Jimmy, you're the engineer, not me)..........Juxtaposing the two concepts is an interesting mind game to me.

If I'm "somewhere", although not "here", as in the Matrix concept, and yet I can't be "anywhere", because of the mathematical, then how am I writing this completely ridiculous excuse for a philosophical essay?

And then, how are You reading it? Not to mention wondering how in the Hell you got roped into reading This one, because actually, you're not. Remember, You don't exist. I don't exist.

So......by extension, Because I don't exist to write this blog, and because You don't exist to read it.........

You have Not wasted your time here tonite. You don't have any time to waste. I didn't even waste My time writing this drivel. Does drivel exist? I think I saw some on Lil' Wolfies chin just yesterday, but I suppose I didn't.

You see, I didn't really "see" him. Because That would give me a deranged imagination. And I, if nothing else, am no where Near crazy. You are. For reading tonite's Wizard written tripe. I took a muggle patch "holiday" today.

If any of you non-existent readers would like to comment on this non-existent blog, just go right the hell ahead. Doesn't matter to me. I won't read it. I can't. I'm not really here. Go ahead, knock your non-existent socks off.

Wait a friggin' non-existent minute!! There IS a reason for this blog. An answer to the conundrum that I've not actually raised!! And don't be sad any more my non-existent friends,
We inhabit a completely separate Universe than the one in the mathematical. We are simply:

Figments of Fred Thompson's imagination.

There you have it. An ADD inspired, long dam winded "Fred Thompson Fun Fact". Way to long to submit to the venerable FTFF compilation of Frank J. at IMAO, but once again, I simply derive pleasure by subjecting you unsuspecting readers to my mind.

I don't even feel badly for you. You don't exist. Heh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Non-existant reader was here leaving Heisenberg uncertainty behind.

No more tuna?! Sure. Try a hot tuna melt with your favorite cheese. That'll break the old diet.

cry_alone said...

I am now hooked, seriously. Wow. "food for thought" or sumthin to that matter. what if instead of not being anywheres, instead if not existing.... we are in fact.... everywhere and are everything all at once. each being and everything in this universe so interconnected and one that we in fact have the illusion of nothingness because we see nothing else as we are in fact seeing only ourselves....
sorry. really corny shit. i just like causing a good debate, even if all i do is start the ball rolling and see the discussion fly off .... i was really good for that w/ the debate teams in school. i was nicknamed "shit disturber" lol!