Moonrise

Friday, March 28, 2008

Life isn't all Butterflies and Rainbows and Puppies....

And we all know it. There is this though, we Humans have the capacity for Love. I've been pondering lately, and "think" that I have it worked out a little better....

Seems there's another capacity that we have which at imes is in direct contradiction to the first....Logic. Damnable logic. I am a poet and a lover of no import, but I simply have to choose passion and patience over numbers and what ifs.....

"Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away." - Dorothy Parker

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

"We love because it's the only true adventure." - Nikki Giovanni

Wollf craves adventures and has never avoided a risk. Patience.

I hope that you all love as deeply as I do. It's quite a comfort to a troubled Soul.
Wollf

And just to lighten the mood.....the ADD version of the thinking about Logic vs Love....

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."

Simple, right?
Wollf again........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT? 3,440 days to ???????

Foxfier said...

Folks hunger for love.

Folks do stupid things for love.

I know that I have-- even when logic screamed at me that the one I loved wasn't worth it.

Right twice, wrong once...but that one time that logic was wrong, was worth a thousand times being right.

Love the Jong quote.

K T Cat said...

I love it! That's from Woody Allen's "Love and Death." One of my all-time favorite movies!