Moonrise

Sunday, March 16, 2008

But Then again......

Remember what I said in the last Post 'bout Melancholy? If'n yah don't...let me explain a bit clearer.....

Getting the "sadness" out....that's kinda the melancholy, dontcha know.....gives a Man the opportunity to clutch and hold on to....very tightly, the Now, and the Love and the Possibilities....I hope that you can Understand.....heh

I need to thank my Dear Friend DW for "inspiring" me on this....so there you go.

Picked up Bigger night before last, was driving back up to Walkabout for the evening, when he asked, not so subtley....to drive my truck.....he happens to be all of fifteen years old, a Manly, if rather on the short side, and a bit long haired....(sorry, Leonidas),......sort of Feller....

I said "Ayuh"...drive if you can.

Here's the "train of thought memory as it flew"......Bigger getting in truck and then telling Me to shut My door. oops.....

Then telling ME to start the engine and "roll.".... he doesn't know how to fire the baby up......

Bigger says....I'm hungry....... nothing new here....he's ALWAYS hungry...

Drive-thru at McDonalds. Wollf wanted a fruit "thingie" We then discussed with "whomever" was on the radio about the price they were charging, in about every language except the Kings Own.... Wollf thought it was too much money. Then, as we get to the window to pay, Wollf can't find his money. Bigger screaming "Dad"......(he should have said "Sire"....whatcha gonna do?)

Bigger telling me when and where to turn to get to Walkabout (this was scary)...the friggin' nerve of the Cub...

I stopped and parked my truck. I got out. I explained that if He thought he knew the way better, and that He could drive better..........

Bigger had trouble moving the seat up - I must say that Wollf was not much help with this. Simple instructions about reaching under the seat, pulling the lever up, "skootching" forward.....aagh, it was lost on the Cub...

Well...truck started.... inside Gated Community...no one around.....I "panicked" a little anyways....

Saying repeatedly "slow down" Bigger saying repeatedly "I'm not going that fast."

Turning corners seemed to be a problem for both of us. At that point, Shamans, Rabbis , Priests and Friends who felt the "disturbance" in the Matrix started praying ...............

Parking - Bigger thought that it was fine - Wollf didn't......The Cub repeated, "Sire, it's fine, leave it."

It seemed to take forever trying to get him out of the truck so that Wollf could repark.

When I finally reparked I remember saying,"Oops....aahhhh....it's ok."

Hell....it was only a Rose Bush.....not like it was a Daisy or anything......sheesh.

And the memory of my Cubs first attempt at driving? Heck, You be the judge...the Song really says it all.....

4 comments:

Robin Shelley said...

THE MOUSE ON THE BARROOM FLOOR

Some Guinness was spilled on the barroom floor
when the pub was shut for the night.
Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse
and stood in the pale moonlight.
He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
then back on his haunches he sat.
And all night long you could hear him roar,
'Bring on the goddam cat!'

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, WOLLF.

Anonymous said...

No harm...no foul

And fun was had by all......

aA said...

my middle daughter is driving now, but she's a cautious granny. i don't mind it too much.

i'll get my rabbis and priests and pastors to pray for you!

cry_alone said...

hmmmmmmmm...so thats why i had to pray a lot more yesterday? was wonderin what was up with that? lol! good luck teachin wolfie! rmeeber, bite tongue.... he's more nervous then u. and hey, if he breaks the car.... welll..... ok.... maybe u need to wporry a lil bit! lol!