Moonrise

Monday, March 10, 2008

Just what the Hell is a Cowgirl?......huh?

Well, first, I s'pose we should havta define Cow....Boy, and mostly, actually Only, because the basic and few definitions of "Cowgirl" are summed up with "A Female Cowboy".

(Well.....then it goes on to explain se%ual positions and such, but THAT is not what we're talking about here.....get your minds out of the gutter...)

Cowboy...according to Webster, means.....

1. A hired man, especially in the western United States, who tends cattle and performs many of his duties on horseback. Also called cowman, cowpoke, cowpuncher; also called regionally buckaroo, vaquero, waddy2. See Regional Note at vaquero.
2. An adventurous hero.
3. Slang A reckless person, such as a driver, pilot, or manager, who ignores potential risks in order to complete a task.

So then.....let us examinate these three items......hmmm, Yup on "One", been there and done that....head fracture number one happened under those circumstances......

"Two"......never ever thought of me self in the "hero" mode.....but adventurous? I s'pose we would have to give another yup to that one. (Fracture number two)...I have said to my self on several occasions, "Self? WTF are you doing in a situation like this?" Then I would get whatever I was doing....Done, and extricate myself as quickly as possible from that damnable "Dangers" proximity.

"Three"?.......Oh smokes....I s'pose that fits fairly well....unless it involves either Elephants....or the IRS. I seem to be slightly afraid of both of them....equally. (yes, elephants. They eat People, of that I'm sure. I saw "Elephant Walk" when I was five years old........still kinda get the shivers....

Wait, where was I? Reading back....have some patience....da da dalala.....Oh Yah!

On the way home....rather late, I was listening to the local Country radio station, and heard George Strait singing about Cowgirls.......When I was a young Wollf, they were the "stuff".

Ladies who wore satin breeches, had the strength to control an ornery horse, head or tail cattle, tote hay along with a Man, cuss when needed......a Woman who was sure of herself........One that you could count on when the chips were down.....

But.....one that felt sure of herself enough to drop the veneer of "tough" and get down to the proper business of just plain being a partner and a lover and a friend. All "girlie" like and stuff......

A true Lady, that's not above telling her Man to perform an impossible anatomical feat if he deserves it, and yet ready and able to give him a sweetheart of a hug when he occasionally needs it.......yah, sometimes we do.....

So, to you Ladies, whether you be from Tombstone, Boulder, Santa Fe or Brooklyn.....A Cowgirl is exactly what you might be.....

Excuse the Animes, but heck, I thought they were kinda cute.



Yes....more about the vacation later....I just get in moods....Crazier than a Palmetto Bug, don't ya know.....

G'nite,
Wollf

3 comments:

cry_alone said...

lol, ok now i know i'm tired and have a flu, i just spent like 5 min wondering why it wldnt register my name and let mepost... helps if i actually write sumthin....
hey wolfie, t'aint nuttin wrong w/ anime :) as a matter of fact most my vids are amv's... anime movie vids (or sumthin) lol! so, cow girls eh? and country music..... wolfie souns like he has broad tastes :) hope the vacation went well! *hugs* <-- in case u neeed one :)

Robin Shelley said...

Well, it ain't me!

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Heh...WWWs....hope you're feelin' better.

Miss Robin? I simply think you are...so there.

Don't havta ride to be a proper Cowgirl. Just havta be "adaptable".

I know and love one from Brooklyn of all places. Doesn't know a fetlock from a foreleg fer cryin' out loud.....

"A bridle?"....sheesh, don't git me started.......

Thanks for stopping by. Door is always open.

Wollf