Moonrise

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back in So-Cal Again..........

Writing shall now re-commence.......well, as of tomorrow. Ol' Wollfie seems to be exhausted. Wow, what a time.....a lifetime of memories in ten short days.....I've done that before, as have all of you probably, but this "new" Wollf....well, it just feels different.

I didn't know how to .....umm, heck I don't really know the word. Appreciate might well be close. The ADD.....'member the couple of head fractures? Kept me from really being in the moment. This trip, and a wonderful one it was, will be in my mind for a Long, Long time.

And......I was Blessed with spending it with a Lady who.....got my off kilter way of thinking. I don't know as I have laughed so much....at People, at myself, at my Companion......so much, and so irreverently, and so "safely" ever before in my life.

As of tomorrow, I shall be recounting some of the goofier....and some of the more thoughtful moments of the trip.......

For now though, I'll leave you with a photo that I took that really summed up the ironically humorous aspect of the trip. I almost want a variant of this sign, which we noticed in Key West, as the Epitaph for my gravestone someday.

Because a Life, no matter who you are, or what you accomplish, is really just a Life. Do what you are able with yours. Help where you can....but don't Ever be ashamed if you do your best.

Heck......the Building that this sign is on.....is still there. Be memorable, even in your "Normality"....



1897.....Nothing happened. My mind sees that as an understatement of greatness. There are a lot of years between that and today that aren't and can't be mentioned on the Plaque.

Just like me. I've had years like that....Nothing Happened. And I've had years....oh my goodness, that can never be mentioned....I shall meditate on this "silliness", and embark upon my Path again, looking forward to Something Happening.......

How about you?
Good to be back.
A bit melancholy too........

But Something is Happening Folkes !! heh.

Wollf

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely. We'll be looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!

Rambling Rose said...

Welcome Home. Glad you had a good time.

Robin Shelley said...

I read somewhere that if you don't appreciate it, you don't deserve it... sounds like you deserved it. Good for you... & welcome home. I still say this is a nice place you have here. Thanks for entrusting it to us in your absence.
P.S. I've always kinda thought I'd like my epitaph to be: That's all she wrote!

cry_alone said...

haha, sumbody had a good sens of humour in 1897 or whenever that plaque was put there :)