Moonrise

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Tree House


Just a really quick posting because it's getting late. This is the Tree House at the house down the hill.....it's a picture from last Christmas that we sent out along with cards and notes......

There's a little difference, though. Just as I've redacted some of the descriptions in the Header title and "about me" portions of this Blog, I've redacted a "little" bit of this picture to more accurately paint a picture of Wollf's life as it evolves.

There we are, Wollf sans beardie thing, in the Neighborhood's tourist attraction. I began the tree house, in order to create a "safe" platform, and then let the Cubs go at it.

Wow, is it something.....it's grown over the years to many levels, bridges between trees, a crows nest up at the fifty foot level, Pirate Flag.....you name it.

Nothing like watching, and occasionally helping your Cubs with a "forever" project. They'll remember the building and playing and scraped knees and bumped heads for the rest of their lives.

I'm glad I started it. I hope they never finish.....like life.

Doors close......other doors open. Like this next symbolic picture.



It represents two women that I have loved, in two completely different ways. They are both gone forever to me in this life. Neither of their leavings were my choice.

One, will always be with me as my daughter and best friend. The other, a relationship that soured from lack of attention and selfishness. I learned an inordinate amount about life from both of them.

One I truly wish I had back. The other I'm relieved to be free of. Both, as the photo depicts, are relegated forever to the shadows of my Soul. Thanks, Ladies, for the lessons learned......two doors closed, two new ones opened.

I wonder where they'll lead?

Wollf 41

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Tree House

A tree house, a free house,
A secret you and me house,
A high up in the leafy branches
Cozy as can be house.

A street house, a neat house,
Be sure and wipe your feet house
Is not my kind of house at all~
Let's go live in a tree house.

Shel Silverstein

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Yup.....nothing beats a tree house. I forgot to say...d'oh, ADD wizard mode last night...they, the Cubs named it "The Crimson Snitch", the vilest and most eeevil Pirate tree house in all the town.

They tied a six foot tarp up in the branches and it looked for all the world like a sail.

People would drive down the street, stop, back up and gawk at the thing. Paited it all red since that picture......

I havta get a house with a huge tree........for me this time.
Wollf 41

Anonymous said...

I made Wally promise to build me a tree house whenever we get a house with a big tree. My granddaughters think it's a hoot! I've always wanted a treehouse.
Someday I'm gonna have one!!!