Moonrise

Sunday, January 6, 2008

This is Rose's fault.......

Don't blame me for this one. I happen to pay attention to the comments, think deeply about some of them, and attempt to adjust my perspective occasionally because of them.

I had written that I was thinking of starting a second blog to deal with things that I felt didn't really belong at this evolved site. The commenter explained first how to do it.....and then bipped me on the head and told me I might want to rethink that option.

Soooo, I did. I will continue to shy away from some of my youthful adventures, personal details of relationships that don't need the light of day and little items that might be considered......well, you know, I've had a storied life. That being said, there's still a ton of "stuff",(not shi-ite any more, just "stuff"), that I really should work through in order to continue my Journey.

I'm not the Best, I'll never be the Best.....but I can do all the work to be the Best that I can be. The last few nights the topic has been Love. I thought about that this morning after I was awakened at about 0230hrs.

Had the most beautiful dream, couldn't sleep, went outside into the cold and thought.
I saw a meterorite hit the ground, about three miles away. I've seen shooting stars before, but never have I seen an impact. It was absolutely breathtaking.

I am going to find that little message that G-d threw through my window. I think that if there's anything left of it, I'll be able to. I know exactly what I'm going to do with it.

Earlier in the evening, Lil' Wolfie was upstairs watching a movie, and I had gone outside to stand in the rain and enjoy the feel of the cold drops hitting my face and chest....I know, sounds like a stupid idea when the house is nice and warm, but it somehow makes me feel totally alive....kinda like that "other" thing that we humans do to feel complete....and it saves on cold showers, heh.

Anyway, I had a new visitor. A Barn Owl swooped in and landed in the tree next to me, not twenty feet away, and perched on the lowest branch of the tree, only about six or seven feet off the ground. Just sat there. And stared at me, no noise but the pattering of rain, no feeling but the breeze chilling me. His eyes shone from the reflection of street lights, and he stared.

For about a minute, a very long minute, then he took off, flying directly over my head, his huge wings all but grazing me, the soft shoosh, shoosh of his wings beating time to the falling rain as he gained altitude and disappeared.....

It made me want to dance the night away.....
Beautiful evening, astounding early morning.....all in all a perfect setting for the goofiness that I'll be writing later about what I feel it all portends...

Wollf

5 comments:

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Please spare Rose. She's getting enough grief from the Marxists up North.

Rose said...

LOL! Ahhh, it's ok, I can take it. :)

Rambling Rose said...

Can hardly wait to hear what this animal visit brings to you.

It is interesting to me how many animals feel comfortable visiting you.

Are you sure you are not a great Shaman?

Pogo said...

Ask Wollf about his despicable treatment of local indigenous burrowing creatures. Although we possums do not host bubonic plague carriers as do ground squirrels, we do not relish being collateral damage in the ethnic cleansing acetylene wars.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Possums burrow? Who'd a thunk it?

Sorry 'bout that Pogo.I wasn't counting on the collateral damage.

Wow, who'd a thunk. I gotta get better Intel next time.
Wollf