Moonrise

Monday, December 24, 2007

Thank you to Everyone........



I just know that I'm forgetting Something.....

A Joyous Holiday to everybody! And a heartfelt thanks from ol' Wollf to the Loyalists, be you Commenter, Reader or Wollf Packer. This goofy place that started just four months ago has changed me and my perspective forever.

I was going to say, "helped me maintain my sanity"......but I could hear the giggles before I even typed.

I read back, and see the pain that I was in, and the place that I am now, and I'm just amazed at the difference. I still have down moments, but they're softer. And they're mostly outward oriented. Feeling a bit of melancholy for the Cubs, and what they're missing.

But then, a lot because of you Folkes, I'm able to reassert my resolve to be the best damm Sire that I can for them.......to embrace this new life with a joy that infects them, and makes them feel safe.

So....what are we doing tonight? Here's the list.

I'm going down the hill about 1600hrs and doing a jail break. The She-cub gets off work around 1730.

I have thermoses, bikes and battery powered Christmas lights, headlamps and.....I have to go get the friggin Cocoa!

After dark, we're going to ride around this "uppity" over decorated neighborhood of mine and enjoy the Lights, drink Hot Cocoa and sing "Infidel" songs.

Then, when we get good and chilly, we'll come home to Walkabout, light a fire, turn on some music and eat Honey Baked ham and Swiss sandwiches, a lite salad, chips and soda......yum.

Then the movies come on, the "Shoot your eye out" one and a compilation of Southpark Christmas episodes. I'll let them decide on which...

We have Snacks!! Home made Peanut Brittle, Thank you PWW for the recipe, and DW for the Kitchen advice.....it turned out wonderful. I shouldn't have patted it down though......the baking soda is to make the bubbles in it.

We have oatmeal and rain, chocolate chip and ginger cookies, plenty of chips and salsa.....and I bought the worlds largest bag of Cheese Balls.

The stockings are filled, I put the wrong nametags on the main presents to drive them crazy in their guessing games, I had Lil Wolfie fill Bigger's and vice versa, they are going crazy.

We are ready. We will have fun. That is the Mission, and it shall be achieved.
Seems like something is missing though..........

The COCOA!! And disposable cups, and teeny marshmallows, and.....I gotta put on the Muggle patch, slow the brain and thoroughly enjoy these moments to come.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.....
Wollf

(Oh, I like Dean Martin again for some reason.......)
Wollf

9 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

It sounds WONDERFUL - and you're right - don't pat the peanut brittle. We all try that the first time.

Rose said...

Love Ya, Wollf! Sounds like FUN! Merry, Merry Christmas.

Pogo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Wollf,
We are all gratified that you and the wolflets are enjoying a wonderful Christmas together and pleased that you are thankful for the blessings of Random Chance (I always refer to Him by that name. Hope He has a sense of humor). The possum sends his best as well.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

He most definitely has a sense of Humor.....one quick glance at Humanity should suffice as proof.

May the Divine Dice never roll you craps.

Thanks everyone, the evening is proceeding splendidly!
Wolf

Foxfier said...

*hug* Merry Christmas!

<= just finished the Gifting.

<= on cloud nine

K T Cat said...

Merry Christmas, Wollf! Did we get you hooked on Dean again?

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Wollf to you and yer cubs!

Anonymous said...

Merry, Merry Christmas to all!