Moonrise

Friday, December 7, 2007

Let it out, Wollf, Let it out............

Ok, a Hodge Podge bundle from some overcrowded spaces in my mind. Just a quick shot over the bow on each subject to see if we can start a debate.......

Just some things that I've seen or heard about lately......

First: Note to good People with good Intentions....Psychotics do not read English as well as you might hope. For some reason, maybe a bit like dyslexia the printed words, "GUN FREE ZONE", become jumbled and then read as, "SHOOT PEOPLE, THEY WON'T SHOOT BACK".

I have no idea how the psychology works, but take a quick lookat the recent, senseless killings in the news. Virginia Tech, the Iowa Mall yesterday.

Both gun free zones, Folke. In states where Concealed Carry Permits are allowed. And without going much further, I don't consider myself a "gun nut", because I do believe in background checks.....if there had been some Law abiding, trained Citizens pacing in those two places, the body counts might be lower.....

And just as a point of fact, whether the weapon was an AK47 or an SKS doesn't much matter. It could as easily been a mossberg 30-06 semi auto deer rifle. Those poor Souls would still be dead.

Rolle, the ballplayer that complained that the Referee was a rascist, called him "Boy"? The Referee in question, #114........is a Black man. What's Reverend Al going to do?

I gotta go get Bigger down the hill. He's Hungreeeeeee!! Cub's belly is bottomless.

And now, I'm back. Met an interesting young.....too young, not to worry, Lady at the store. She was demonstrating some new flavvors of Bailey's Irish Cream....non alcohlic, by the way. I'm in one of my Wizard moods, she has a decidedly quirkey sense of humor, and so we got along immediately.

Seems ol' Wollf still has "somehting" goin' on. We have a date.

For December 14th, 2081. That would be our "next" lives. She and I planned it all out. We're going to meet on the beach at Koh Samui and just see what happens. I have to hang around a few extra years in Nirvana to allow her to catch up to within about ten years of my age, but hell, it'll be worth it.

Seems I have to wear a linen suit with a rose in the lapel. She'll wear a colorful sarong and a magnolia blossom in her hair. Heck, sounds like a nice place to start up a relationship...........

Visited with my attorney today. He collects oddities as do I. We hit it off, and (gasp), I think I trust him. He's all for getting this thing done as easily as possible, and he's just gruff enough to get my attention and keep me from being, as he put it, "Too Kind".

I thought about that a bit, and ended up agreeing. I'm an easy mark when it comes to the emotional battlefield. Had a brief conversation with MsP.....Whoa!!, new pseudonym for her. Do you think it's fitting? Too late, I don't edit, remember? MsP, it is, herein and henceforth.

She said an interesting thing, that I "wanted to be dangerous". I chuckled and replied that THAT was the Last thing I wanted to be.

Anyway, I've got Lil' Wolfie up here at Walkaboout with me, this is World Wrestling on TV nite, Bigger is coming up later.....maybe MsP or the She-cub will save me a trip downhill. Then it's rack time and dream up an adventure for tomorrow.

Maybe I'll take them Christmas shopping at the Mall. Or is it too dangerous? Oh, I almost forgot. Wollf can read signs perfectly well. He just ocassionally decides to ignore them.

Have to get into the Season. All together now, "Fake it till you Make it".

Time for some ice cream, trying Chocolate Cookie Dough tonite, Lil' Wolfie's fave.
Wollf

5 comments:

Rose said...

The Baileys Irish Cream sounded good, too.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Oh, it was Great. They've got a new mint flavor that would be absolutely fantastic in coffee, with a fire going, warm socks, a blanket, some softly playing music, the feel of my arm resting on ...........WHOA there Wolfie.

How DARE you, Rose? sheesh, now I have to take a cold shower.
Harrumph
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Whatever works!

Rose said...

That does it! I'm going out to buy some Bailey's.

aA said...

ok Wollf...i had the same conversation with one of the peeps at work just Thurzday; the one about if only there were some gun-toting sane people to save the day, then the carnage would be very limited. i ain't a "gun nut" either, but dangit, sometimes it's called for to help innocents.

and the law-abiders abide by the law, and leave the guns at home. HECK, the guy coulda killed people with a wrist rocket, had he been a good shot...BAN THEM! or toothpicks...or bug spray...

WheW! sorry, i gotta step down off the soap box...