Moonrise

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh Tannenbaum Night.......

Busy evening at Walkabout House.....Got the Cubs, threw some chow into them and headed to the tree lot. We picked out a little, for us, six footer...., I was figuring half the ornaments we usually have,...a really pretty Noble Pine, bought a stand, set it up in one of the front windows, took Bigger to drum line, lit the tree, installed garland and half of the half of the ornaments..........

We have a Male tree. Lil' Wolfie so noted. Heh, would you expect anything different from this pack? I knew that trying to make it "the same" was going to be a dismal failure, so I had gone shopping before I got the Cubs for some less "Traditional" items to spruce up the tree and catch their focus.

Just like our lives now.....different. Not worse, not better, just different. It's "our" Life, and "our" tree. For the first time in what seems forever, Wollf doesn't have to meet with anyone's approval.....that should have always been the way.

We have a tree that would fit into any Fourth of July party in Santa Fe hosted by Hell's Angels with a tropical, Jimmy Buffet theme...... This baby is festooned with Red, White and Blue ornaments, flags and garlands and lit by four strands of red chili peppers and palm trees. I added a few Harley ornaments for good measure.

Cut me a little slack here, This is my first personalized tree in quite a few years. And, just so you know.....I do have relatively good taste.

From any distance at all, it truly is a magnificent tree....and in colors I can almost see. Red is my favorite color after all. Up close, it's all I can do not to giggle at my tangoalphacharliekilo....Yankee efforts.

The male Cubs Love it. That's all that really matters. Bigger proclaimed it to be the best damm tree ever. I told him to watch his words, he gave his famous crocodile smile, looked all innocent and said, "I'm sorry Sire, I guess I was just caught up in the moment....."

I really need to beat my Cubs more often.....

So, life is going on.......we're getting in the mood, change is good, even necessary for growth.....All in all a good evening.

The She-cub is going to either love the tree or hate my guts....or vice versa, all at the same time.

Oh....now that I'm about done, I've been playing with the Cubs, answering e-mails and writing this bit of goofiness all at the same time......

I really have to get some new Christmas music. I turned on an old Dean Martin cd, and it seemed all the songs were "I'll be Home for Christmas", which I won't be, "Blue Christmas", which I refuse to have, and "Let it Snow".......which it damm sure won't.

I turned it off.
What's he know?
He's a drunk. Oh, and dead.

G-d rest your Soul, Deano......I think I'll break out the Alvin and the Chipmunks music.
G'nite,

Wollf

4 comments:

Rose said...

:) We got our tree today, too. Daughter home from college, son is on his way, kids decorated the tree... tradition here is playing Raymond Briggs 'The Snowman' while we decorate - the BEST Christmas music. Still got shoppin' to do though.

Rambling Rose said...

The tree sounds like a Corker. I do love a pine tree. My husband used to grow them - the most majestic tree going.

Sounds like you boys have made a good start at "setting the mood".

And, yes, the music you allow is definitely a big part of it.

It is going to be interesting to see how your daughter re-acts to such a "male" tree.

Linda Sue O'Grady said...

Click Click!

Rose said...

That's great, Linda!