Moonrise

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blog Lite, Better taste, Less filling........

Well....the best laid plans....et cetera.

I had "planned" to pick up Cubs and go get a "smallish" Christmas Tree this afternoon and into the evening. Would have worked out well.......except......

Bigger's best buddy, the Way longhaired young fellow in the House decorating post, is out of school and in town for the Holidays. Poor kid lives in the Redneck Mecca of Southern California, the Meth Capital of the Left coast.....Lancaster.

Yuck. He loves it here in good old Newbury Park. Bigger wanted to "hang".

I began to nix the idea when my trusty phone "went off". A quick aside, my phone does not ring. It does not sing or play music. It quite simply "goes off". Yes, like BOOOM!! It makes me pay attention, as the BOOOMS become successively louder each time.

That's my special sound for the She-cub. It's fitting, because at her current age, it usually makes me want to dive for cover.

No disappointment this time.

"Daddy, my Jeep wooon't staart!"

Then the 17 year old "speed talk" starts....."I havta be atworkin an hourand I can'tbelate, andwhereareyou, and whydoes thishappen to meeee? Huurrry!!"

The battery was dead. It was a gloomy, rainy morning when she went to school. My detective instincts told me the story.

"Left the lights on, huh Scoot?"

"No I didn't, Daaadddyyy!" Jeezers......Zero to Sulky in point two five seconds....

Did I save her? Of course I did.
Was she appreciative that I had to change all the plans for the evening because she forgot to turn off the lights?

What do you think?

Her way of saying thank you was to tell me that, "I called you because you know how to take care of things. Mom wouldn't have known what to do........But she wouldn't have thought that I left the Lights on!"

Wollf can't win when it comes to the female of the species.
Oh well, some day.

Taking the Cubs down the hill. Hope you enjoyed Lil' Wolfie's Blog. He likes comments.

Hear that?

He.....Likes.....Comments.
That is all.

Wollf

4 comments:

aA said...

Teen girls have a funny way of showing gratitude, don't they?

I let the middle one stay home from school yesterday so she could spend time with her sister who is up at college. Sister was leaving in the early afternoon, so I let her skip, and covered for her with the missus...

She (17 year-old) "gets it" today...she knows I went out on a limb so she could spend time...

Foxfier said...

Even when I was a teenage girl, I didn't understand teenage girls....

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

aA.....I feel your pain. This is my third 17 year old Lady. How I still have all my hair and it's not gray is beyond me.....

FF....heh, I think I understand. My First born was a lot like that. She also joined the Navy....(part of the Marine Corps). This one is a corker, one foot out the door and straining at the leash.....

But...Daddy's little girl...ahhhh
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

When you were describing your daughter's "speed talk" for us, I was sure you were describing my oldest granddaughter - but she doesn't have her driver's license.

Like your daughter, she IS grateful, but it happens so fast that it is easy to miss if you are not tuned right in.

They are so busy fitting a lot of living into every second. I don't think their brains ever shut down.