Moonrise

Sunday, July 6, 2008

You ought to Read This......

This post was written by a 'gun toting settler'. By this I mean that I make my home over the 'green line', and I carry a gun during pretty much every waking hour of the day.

I really only started carrying a gun because my daily commute takes me through some potentially problematic areas at odd hours of the day and night. But, once I was granted a gun license I decided that the safest place for the gun was tucked into the back of my pants and not sitting in the house. Anyone who thinks that kids can't figure out how to get into a gun safe should read some statistics on accidental shootings.

I also decided that I was every bit as likely to encounter a terrorist in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv (meaning not very likely... but a small chance, none-the-less) as in the south Hevron hills, so I decided to follow the advice of the instructor who administered the licensing test at the range. He said that anyone who has a gun license should be a responsible citizen and carry all the time.....

Interesing reading about the reality of life outside our comfy little world....please go and check out TREPPENWITZ to understand.

Major H/T to FOXFIER

Wollf

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

G-d protect them all--and thank goodness it's not like that here!