Moonrise

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Medic......Dammit, stoopid again

Remember the Indian run where the bank collapsed and I dislocated my shoulder and hypered my knee? December 28 Posting, I think.....

The knee got better, I avoided surgery on the shoulder, and it was "starting" to feel a bit better....really, I mean it, I'm not a'scared of Doctors or scalpels...nope, not this Wollf......*bravo sierra*.....

Well, I once again did something that a Man with a half century of wisdom should know better than do.....

Popped the shoulder again...let's just say ...ummm...a perfectly normal, regular person mishap regarding a karibiner, a badly wound brake knot...a munter hitch for the unitiated, and a bit of everday rapelling.

Effed the shoulder up, and tweaked my neck a wee tad. Then, this evening, doing something that needed to be done, I kinda aggravated the neck. Cold compresses and advill all around.

Actually, might break out the codeine and have a beer....ouchy. I'm becoming quite the sissy in my middle age...haven't even got the shoulder popped back in yet, a bit too stiff.....Oh G-d, don't make me have to call Doctor "Sam"....she's friggin evil.

*The "Real" kind......*

All right, I'm trying to wash, dry, fluff and fold my clothes, so I gotta go for a bit. I hope to be back and write something deep and reasonably intelligible in a bit, got some philosophy on my mind....

Damm....I just enjoy Life too much

Wollf

7 comments:

rthmcdragn said...

codeine & beer, oh my..... sorry to hear you're in such pain..... try lying on an area rug, close your eyes, and will the pain away.... maybe a little voodoo daddy will help? but beware of the creepy crawlies......they're out there........ if not the squirrels.........

Foxfier said...

I know it might make swelling worse, but I've found a heatpad against the back and an icepack on the front works OK...with advil liquid gels....

Codine knocks me for a bloody loop, though, so your tolerance is proly a bit higher.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

FF...nope on the tolerance....hee hee, I'm high as a kite...yeehaw, but just for tonite.

Maybe I'll bring the rug upstairs and snuggle with it up here....I Hates Squirrels almost as much as Clowns and Monkeys.......

DW...Don't even bring up the elephants...lalalalala..I can't hear you.......

*thud*

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee hee

rthmcdragn said...

elephants, squirrels and monkeys, oh my....... could it be worse than lions, tigers, and bears??

Robin Shelley said...

Just got home from Illinois,
lock the front door, oh boy!
Got to sit down,
take a rest on the porch.
Imagination sets in,
pretty soon I'm singin'
Doo, doo, doo,
lookin' out my back door.

There's a giant doin' cartwheels,
a statue wearin' high heels.
Look at all the happy creatures
dancin' on the lawn.
A wonderous apparition,
provided by magician
Doo, doo, doo,
lookin' out my back door.

Tambourines and elephants
are playin' in the band.
Won't you take a ride
on a flyin' spoon?

Bother me tomorrow,
today I'll buy no sorrows
Doo, doo, doo,
lookin' out my back door.

Anonymous said...

Robin - that is too too funny!