Moonrise

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wollfs Lair...continued....

Well, again, I've gone and done it I s'pose. I spent entirely too much dinero on something that as soon as I saw it, I Wanted it. Remember, this is the first Home that I've had in ....twenty five years? Hory Clap.....that is Mine. Just frigging' Mine.....Ok, and the Male Cubs, but they don't count when it comes to decorating...

Except for the Garage, and their rooms, yannow....

Anyhoo....Remember my color blindness? Most severe sort, augmented by the head fractures and such, the only color I truly see is....Red. Soooo...I decided that in My Lair, I would decorate in primarily....cuz I do have some stuff that's different..in Blacks, Grays and Whites...and use Red as my "WOW" color.

Went to Bed Bath and Beyond..(send money for the plug, please)...had a Good time cuz it was Me that was shopping...for me. Kinda like buying the too expensive bed...but I digress as always....Got a couple sets of really nice, non girly Red towel sets, Bath rugs, and those silly ass things you put on the counter....

Like your soap or toothbrush cares how fancy a thing they're sitting in....sheesh, Wimmen......anyway, looks pretty bitchen cool. Bigger commented that he'd never seen a Bath like that..."Was I an Artist?". Heh.

Then.....I went to the semi local Art Gallery and fell in love with and got...A Frigging Picture!!! Audrey Hepburn in her prime, a portrait that just said, "Buy me Wollf, I'll make you smile."

Well, she does. Bigger and I tried the locations, and decided on the first landing, by the door that leads to the North deck. It fits perfectly, she becomes a focal point from the entry door, and by G-d, it's always nice to see a Womans Face before you head up for your ablutions.....

Bigger said that I "Did good". He didn't even care about the fact that she'd be about eighty right now......Good Cub. Well, here she is....Like it?



Not that I care that much, but it's My Home this time around...and it kinda feels god not to have to wrangle about my taste in art, heh.

Gotta go, fed Bigger four times today, he's hungry again, and I have to get him talked into bed and away from the drum set. 0530 comes early around here. Sweet dreams.

I think I'll dream in Black and White.....and Red.
Wollf

6 comments:

K T Cat said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Auuuuddddrreeyyyyyyy.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Good Choice Wollf! She has that rare beauty quality everyone appreciates. Hope you splurged on high-thread count sheets too. heh

Anonymous said...

Yah done good!

Foxfier said...

*smile*

aA said...

I agree with all the above comments. As an artist, I really like the choice of the proportions and scale of the canvas.
You have good taste, ol' Feller!

Robin Shelley said...

Audrey Hepburn is definitely good taste! In fact, she might have been the very definition of good taste.
Good on you, Wollf. If you like it, you should have it, I say!