Moonrise

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wollf and Bear meet Leonidas.........

Happy happy post....I need it, and I had to take a break from killing the Cubs....ooops, I mean building the Bunk Bed with the Cubs....ahh, Sire-Cub time when they're cranky and Sire is a bit Grrrrowllish....been a bit emotional 'bout the earlier post, dealing with the Cubs and 'specially She-Cub...

Anyway..the break. I had the Honor of meeting and having lunch with the Venerable and Opinionated ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ, of Fighting in the Shade , and the lovely Lady Leonidas. I personally think she's much prettier than the actress in the movie The 300......

Better than that, ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ didn't even thump Bear...although, why would he? Bear is quite the Conservative Forest dweller.

An example: Wollf:, "Bear, as a Denizen of the Forest in your formative years, what's your take on the Logging v Spotted Owl controversy?"

Bear:, "Wollf, you are a nice Man, but you are a 'tard. They're Birds. They have Wings. They'll find another frigging tree."

Nuff said. He and ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ got along famously.


Bear is the one in the middle.



We had good conversation, a good meal on the Pier in Ventura, and the visit was entirely too short.

If you have a chance, read his writings...I consider myself lucky to count this Man as Friend.

Wollf....going downstairs to look for Power Tools....we are going to build that %*&$#!! bed.....heh, and have fun doing it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pier in Ventura....

Yer killin' me here! I miss it so much!

Rose said...

Hope you said hi for me!

Rose said...

Hey, so, we all forgot to ask - what is the significance of the bear?

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Heh...the Bear? He's my Best Friend.

Figger it's better than talking to Mr. Sock Puppet.....heh