Moonrise

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Complementary Lives.......WARNING...Philosophy again...


Taijitu

Known by the "Common" term, Yin-Yang....

Yin is characterized as passive, dark, feminine, negative, downward-seeking, consuming and corresponds to the night.

Yang is characterized as active, light, masculine, positive, upward-seeking, producing and corresponds to the daytime.

One cannot exist without the other. Like our "Western" Monotheistic Religions, they refer to a "Whole", made up of two complementary forces. But the Chinese didn't oversimplify it down to a simple Good versus Evil.

One of the "main" focuses of my Martial Arts training was in Wu style T'ai Chi, it's the "slow, circular movement dance" that you see small groups of People practising in the park now and again.

Everything in that style of Martial Art is based on the Circle of Taijitu, and a constantly "latent" sense of power....the Masculine-Feminine circle. Get that? It's one of the reasons that I am told that I have a "distinctive" walk, I s'pose.

Let's just say that my "Flip Flops".....ummm, don't.

Point of all this particular blather? It's the Four Rules of Taijitu, and *When I'm Focused*, a rather comfortable and reassuring way for me to look at dilemmas in my Life, be they physical confrontations, a vexing project that has to be completed, or a Love Relationship.

Here's the Rules:

Yin-yang are Mutually Rooted....No One without the other...that's why there is no "and" in Yin Yang. The two make up the Whole, as Winter and Summer make up the Year. As Masculine and Feminine make up each Person. One needs the other to be anything more than half of a Creation.

Yin-yang are Opposing.....Like the Positive- Negative poles on a Magnet, and as seen in the Taijitu, they form perfectly together, drawn even from great distances to form the Whole. Winter-Summer, as above is another example.

Yin-yang Mutually Wax and Wane....As in the "Moon" shape appearance of the Taijitu. Elements of Light and Dark...Not Good and Evil, People, change as the month goes on. A Day is always roughly 24 hours, but the amount of Light and Dark change. So it is with us...and everything in our Lives.

Yin-yang Mutually Transform.....As the maximum effect of one quality reaches it's zenith, the qualities of the other diminishes. I have been described as a "Zero to Sixty in One Second" kind of Fellow. In Many ways. I have to work on the speed controls a little bit.

The real reason I decided to post this? To remind myself. To quit trying so hard. To allow my "Life" to glide along even as I walk. Giving up, and holding the Feminine, latent power is oft times the best. I meditated on this Taijitu model until about 0200 hours this morning.

I don't have to explain myself. I don't have to act like the "Guy" from the Musical Interlude in the past post. He is just a part of Me...not nearly all. I still got a brass pair, to be sure....but I'm gonna let 'em rest a bit.

Se what comes of it.

Oh, if you understood all of what I just posted? You might want to seek help.

In my other "Main" style of M.A., Dragon style Kempo.....we have a symbol that we express before a match, and at the time of the bow.


It means...

"Control over Power"
My meditation for today.....heh

Wollf

3 comments:

Foxfier said...

My response was to think of the Sidhe Courts, the amoral elves... could it be a way of viewing nature without acknowledgment of the supernatural, a sort of eastern basis for science?

...

Then I realized I was nuking it....

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Heh, Foxfier....we all tend to nuke things once in a while.

I think the intent of this exercise might be to simply....not nuke things so much? Over thinking and analyzing tends to give us points of veiw that are skewed.

Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Amerind, Agnostic.....we're all the same at heart if we're good People.

That's what He wants.

Mine are not nearly Brass plated enough to think that I know what He wants besides that.

Wollf

Rose said...

Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Amerind, Agnostic.....we're all the same at heart if we're good People.

We are one.