Moonrise

Saturday, April 19, 2008

An interesting day.........

I was described today as an interesting mix of dangerous and vulnerable.

The smarta$$ side of me wants to say, "WTF? I ought to kick some a$$. That really hurts my feelings."......

Which, I suppose, was the point of the comment. I shall contemplate this......

We had a Track meet today. As Head Coach Emeritus, I had nothing to do but fulfill the standard "parent volunteer" requirement that comes with having a Cub in the Program.

Positions are fairly simple, one page instructions for how to keep proper record of whatever event you are "officiating". In all cases, there is an Event Coordinator who knows the rules for that event, and helps teach the novice how to do it.

I know it works. I set it up and wrote the instructions for the Events....heh.

I showed up, incognito, no Team Colors, Boonie hat and Cammies, dark glasses, and fully expected to be shown my way to the Long Jump Pit, where Paul, the Coordinator and I could have a good time......

What was my reception, you didn't ask? "Coach!!, Darn, I'm glad you're here!! Our Announcer is off today.....you still have a key to the Booth? Go ahead and shoot on up there, set up the PA, and you can do your thing!! Great to have you!!!"

If the guy wasn't my Friend, and a Former USMC Gunny to boot, I would have kicked his a$$. (hmmmmm, line one of this Post?)

No comments: