Moonrise

Monday, February 4, 2008

Well, all righty then..........


Whatever shall Wollf discuss tonight? I seem to be feeling a bit Wolf-a-sophical, meaning of course that I have been both on a walk...and been thinking. I removed the Muggle patch at the beginning of my little journey to allow, and enjoy, the transition.....

It is truly an interesting experience. I walked in Satwiwa, a part of the Santa Monica Park system, wild and beautiful, just blocks from my Walkabout home. A trail head leads a meandering path up towards the mountains, and then suddenly descends through a set of switchbacks, swallowing the hiker into the wilderness.....

Wollf feels at home and at ease there. It is wild, and yet so surrounded by civilisation. The way I feel. The inner me that has lain dormant and stifled for years. The sun set out over the ocean as I turned the loop and headed back. My mind was whirling with thought, my nose filled with the scent of nature, my heart beating in rhythm to my steps.

I walked on toward my truck, almost a mile and a half in the darkness, enjoying the awakening sounds of the night. No snakes this day, too cool.....the sounds of a pack of coyotes cracked the still....they would eat well this evening, I was sure. I thought of family.

Of my Cubs, and my love of them. Of my parents, and the love that they still share after sixty years. Of my Brother Wollf and his mate who he loves so dearly. Of my friends who have entered and never left my life.......always there. Of loves that I have had and lost......or maybe really never had.

Of beauty and Beauty. The kind of beauty that graces the covers of magazines, that draws your eyes like a magnet, arousing instincts......but being just a magazine. Beautiful to gaze on.....but nothing to keep you warm. The kind of Beauty that is not just pleasing to the eye, but to the Soul.

The sort of Beauty that can only be fully realized while searching deeply in her eyes, seeing your reflection, the mirror of your very Soul....searching your eyes in return. And recognising. And knowing without knowing, feeling without touching, a life lived many times......

Our lives are a Journey. It's a path that we are familiar with, and every once in a great while, we come upon a side trail that looks promising. Some if not most, would hesitate to take it.....especially in the growing darkness. I don't fear the dark or the unknown anymore. It's just what I am supposed to do.

A fox crossed my path in the darkness tonight. Wonderful, intelligent, Beautiful creature. I followed her.........free.

A great evening, glad I did the walk, cleared some cobwebs, got to know Wollf a little better, and had a chance to share. My phone has been broken, my internet e-mail on the fritz, looking to find a new house with proper room for a dog, putting finishing touches on the road trip, dealing with teen problems and work and on and on......and I'm glad I took the time for myself.

And the walk.

That fox? She was a daisy. Found a path that I had never seen before. I shall be exploring it intimately in the future. Life is good.

Be good to yourself.
Wollf

1 comment:

Rambling Rose said...

It is good to see you so at home with your Self and your life.