Moonrise

Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Cubs.........heh


There are times in my life when I become a bit melancholy......not a bad thing, maybe it's a product of where I was raised. Just a part of Being. And not nearly as bad where I come from as is defined in Funk and Wagnall's.

Tonight I have the Cubs.....and Bigger's attendant Entourage. Four of 'em. Fifteen year olds.....yup, you guessed it, Hungry. Lil' Wolfie and I went on a food run to Wendy's down the hill....Bought a landfill worth of Chicken nuggets and hit the Seven-Eleven for Gatorade to wash it down for them.

The drive through window was interesting....I ordered the ton of chicken......I received three baked potatoes, two hamburgers, four fries......and all the nuggets they could eat. I explained in my broken Spanish that I had been overserved.....

No Problema, Senor.

Hey, I got about ten dollars worth of free food for the teen Cubs.....who am I to complain? They'll be hungry again soon anyway.

Oh yah, Point here Wollfie......It is quite difficult to be melancholy when I'm busy entertaining......or rather being entertained....by the Cubs, or their goofy Buddies.

Tomorrow, we're running up to Ventura Harbor to see the Tall Ships. Lil' Wolfie loves them......Bigger will moan a bit until he sees the multitude of equally unhappy teenage girls that have been forced to go with their Parents.

Thank you to my dear friend Dammit Woman for the heads up. Maybe I'll see you there with your young Lady.

It's a sleepover tonight for Bigger and one of the Buddies, so I have to go and attend to them. The other two are being picked up in a bit and they're outside carousing......I had best go....I'm feeling better....heh, who would have thunk?

20....yee hah, and Yippee Ki Yay.....vacation, road trip, Adventure...I can hardly contain myself.

Wollf

No comments: