Moonrise

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Way Wizard...no patch and Bad Color Vision...


That Moon.....or lack thereof....is still in my mind tonight. I felt, uh, um...I don't even know the proper word......I'd say stressed....but that is simply too severe. It's been nothing but low, dark clouds and constant drizzle, with an occasional downpour since I cut out of my office this afternoon.

Color blindness...the "severe" kind, pretty much everything is shades of gray, except red....is a handicap to safe driving in the gloom and rain. I see ranges of dark to bright that you "human" people can't.

Yah.....it just so happens that my vision is very close to that of my namesake. It is never, and I truly mean Never, darker to me than it might seem to you at about dusk. It has to do with the number of rods and cones that we have in our eyes.

One does "light-dark", the other "color differential". What I lose in color, I have gained in shade differentiation.......too damm complex for my simple typing skills, but I hope you get the point.

There is NO such thing as camoflage to my eyes. I am the perfect companion on a hunting trip, even though I don't shoot animals any more. 0203 was the MOS...yah know?

Anyway, "gloom" is my enemy while driving. I'm easily distracted anyway, and when I can't see.......and I really mean that one.....whoo boy. I handled it, got the Cubs to where they needed to be, back and forth....forth and back.....spoke with an Angel, got stood up for dinner by my She-cub....

Hell...."X" text messaged me, asked if I wanted her to drive the Cubs around. I politely responded, thank you....no....espescially because I was done driving by then, and proceeded on with some homework with Lil Wolfie.

Just got back from picking up Bigger at his Drumline practice, and I'm just tuckered out. Stayed up a bit late and didn't sleep altogether well last night.

I probably should have just written this over at "noon".....but the old brain isn't working all that well.....I suppose I was a bit stressed.

Can't believe how excited I am about the roadtrip.......oh, that is a bald faced lie. Of Course I can.

Just listen to the song again.......you'll understand. I didn't find it by the way. Leah did. La La La.......oh, 'scuse me.....Guys don't do that do they?

Heh. Goodnight Friends,
Wollf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're going on a small but exciting road trip too. My newest granddaughter (#3), Lillian (Lilly) Julia was born this evening - my son's firstborn. Mom and Baby are doing great. Tomorrow morning Mr. Wink, my daughter, granddaughters #1 & #2 (ages 12 & 10) and I will head out across the snowy Cascade Mountains on a 300 mile trip to see the little one (and her parents). Wooohooo!!!!!!

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Yay grow Gramma Wink and Grampa Wally!! Congratulations!! You Folke drive safely, and Enjoy.

This calls for *Hugs* all around!! I'm buying.

Wollf