Moonrise

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

There is No Moon..........




No Moon. There was a Moon. But as it rose, it slipped away. So much for something that you cannot ever touch, to hold, to explore........

You gaze upon it, but you can't hold it. You try to embrace it, but it is unembraceable. You are not able, and it is not willing. It does not exist. It is gone.

But then, the Light begins to form again, your patience and hard earned understanding shows the way. The Moon returns.............Like a Soul. You know it's been there all along, hidden by the shadow......nothing to sing to......and then it not only returns, it returns with a magnificence that you could not ever have imagined.

But it is a different Moon, a different Soul......older than imagining, younger than a Babe......but it is here. The Path has led Her to you, you to Her.

From unimagined distances. Across years of time.

The Moon was gone.....but it never existed in the first place. The New Moon, the only Moon has shown it's Lovely face.

Wollf howled at a sky without a Moon tonight. The total eclipse was a spectacular and spiritual time. The Cubs saw it too.....I wonder if they saw what I saw?

Return. Rebirth. I have the ability to love. And it doesn't matter anymore whether I can see the Moon or not to howl.

I Know it is there. As I howl in yearning, I finally can hear This Moon.....howl back.

Beautiful night Folkes......sorry for being wordy about something that I don't quite yet understand.

Sing to the Skies.....whether you see a Moon or not......it's there,

Just hiding.

How is it that Anyone would consider this battered old Wollf "The Big Door Prize"?

Wollf...............eight.....and "la la la" right back at ya.

9 comments:

Rose said...

Yep. I know what you mean.

K T Cat said...

I love your poetic side, Wollf. We didn't get to see the eclipse here in San Diego because of cloud cover.

Foxfier said...

On the door prize part...I keep asking how Elf can WANT to be around me, since it seems to ME that I take and don't give; yet he says that he can't see how I can stand him, he'll just accept it.

*grin*

I think most good marriages involve a mutual shock that the other is crazy enough to stay around....

aA said...

Great post, is all that poetry yours? You done a good job, Mr Wollf!
Houston was cloud-covered, but I imagined it as the others I have seen...the amazing enormity of it, being so surreal that the moon (my favorite celestial resident) would actually disappear then reappear as if nothing had happend. So cool.

Your take on it is very profound. You ever thought of starting a blog? :D

Robin Shelley said...

Don't let the stars get in your eyes,
don't let the moon break your heart...

Melisa said...

Great photo Rose! Robin - it's so easy to do though.

cry_alone said...

wolf your writing is soulful. brightens my day when i read your blog when you are in this kind of mind frame :) keep howling wolf, i'm glad you're finding out theres no need for a moon to be you, but its always a bonus when its there :)

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

*shrugs*....*scuffs paw*...thanks
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Love that picture! Love that post! I am so happy for you - couldn't happen to a nicer guy!