Moonrise

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Cat Fight........

Those reading this that have been here for a bit........probably understand my Politcal leanings....for those who haven't, well, I think that the best description of my particular "bent" would be "Quiet Conservative".

I do not become overly impassioned regarding Politics on the national scene. To me it really doesn't matter just exactly "who" holds the most powerful position in the world.......because, and I must qualify, they are all damaged goods......

I consider myself a fairly intelligent fellow, with good morals, a feeling toward things that must be done......I am even probably reasonably charismatic and my voice and demeanor might well lend itself to success in Politics. The problem is.....

I simply do not have the Genetic Defect that would cause me to want to have the power that these people crave.......

POTUS?.......Horry Clap, who of righteous or reasonable mind would want the responsibility? Thus, because of my mindset about the type of person who might "need" the Position.......not to mention my gut feeling that all newly elected Leaders of the Free World are sat down and explained the Facts of Life by People who really understand......I feel that it doesn't matter in the Grand Scheme, who actually holds the Office.

Yes, Really. The POTUS influences Policy, he does not make it. Am I dissappointed that there is no true Conservative left in the race? Of course I am. But, I didn't really trust Fred! or Hunter to be all that they said they would be. The remaining field does nothing to make my heart jump either, being pretend Conservatives with hidden agendas and open agendas that I disagree with.......

Will I vote? Of course I will.....I haven't decided, but I will. Will I vote Democratic? Not on my life. I am now left with choosing the lesser of evils. Please make sure that you vote your mind. Not your heart.....I don't even care who.....just vote.

Now, that being said......the Demo----crat ticket and leading choices has given me a few giggles....the infighting, name calling, race-baiting and gender slurs made my mind remember a limerick that fits......

With just a one letter change.......remember this one?

There once were two 'Crats from Kilkenney
Each thought there was one 'Crat too many
So they fought and they fit,
And they scratched and they bit....
Till instead of two 'Crats, there weren't any.

One can only hope.
*end political diatribe nonsense*

Oh......people who "borrow" other People's writing and post it as their own......None of us should care for them at all. I read a comment over at Blue Star Chronicles by a "Pale Rider", pointing out that the kudos said site had received were not properly attributed.

I followed back, and sure enough, the entire well written post was by a Lady of whom I have just recently enjoyed acquaintance. Rather low, I should say, to take credit for another's work......... The original post, a tongue in cheek "Courts Martial" of a former Green Beret, can be found here

Ok....I am done with my rant........minor as it was. I shall add PCFrezone to the the Wollf Pack if allowed......
Wollf

3 comments:

aA said...

Bravo Master Wollf! what a clever turn of a limerick with minor typing required!

you should send that in to Lleno or Lletterman or a Llama or something...could get you a gig writing lines for the funny guys!

i agree about the "picking the lesser evil", dang. and you are SO right about the requirements for even wanting a job like that!

a clever lobo you are!

Wild Thing said...

Thank you Wollf, I have added you to my sidebar. A better wolf there never was. Bears know things like that.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Be still my heart. Yah, that was a less than Noble thing she did. Glad you liked it.
Wollf