Moonrise

Friday, January 2, 2009

So.....How was Your New Year's Eve????


Mine was spent driving the Dragnlings down to LAX for the 10:00pm flight to Detroit........which would have been fine, except the NWA Representative who sold Dragn the tickets.....who KNEW the ages of the flying Dragnlings....back in August, the day after they had flown the SAME flight, at the SAME time.......

Neglected to say that they would not be allowed on the craft as unaccompanied minors, 16,14,12.......

So, we arrived and were told by the, in my opinion, pompous a$$, behind the ticket counter, that, "It's our policy, and for the safety of the children.....if you know what I mean.....*trails off*"

Yes, I Know what you mean, "Stanley", but I wasn't concerned that "you" would be flying with them......

I do realise that it wasn't this little underachieving d*ckweed's decision to make, and that it truly is NWA's policy that "unaccompanieds" don't fly the last craft out at night, but I am Pi$$ed off at NWA, and from this moment onward I shall *spit* or *f*rt* in their general direction each and every time I hear or invoke their name.

In fact, it may be some time before I can think 100% well of my friends in Washington and Alaska without thinking "Northwest".....*ptuii*.

So, suffice to say that through their erroneous information, we had a lovely two and a half hour drive....ON NEW YEARS EVE, finally got back to the Lair with cranky Dragns running all around.....I'm surprised the Lair wasn't scorched, and then began the movie all over again in the morning......No Rose Parade for us.....

So, here's the lesson of the day....Don't take any salesperson at their word, caveat emptor, I suppose.....I feel better, except for the less than friendly letter that I owe to Corporate.......

Oh!! And.....when the do fly, it costs an extra $100 as unaccompanied, and they don't even get a free friggin' soda!!!

Eff you, Northwest.....*spit*

4 comments:

rthmcdragn said...

AMEN!

DammitWomann said...

Oopps - thought you knew kidz under 18 had to be accompanied, i.e., pay add'l funds for an airline employee to babysit them. I learned this early on when Mz.H. was flying back 'n forth. Most (if not ALL) airlines have the same requirement. I believe it is federally mandated. Check on each airline's website for specifics to be sure. Look at it this way, you got the boyz an add'l day! ...glass half full ....

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Ya'll might be interested in this as an overview of the whole scene.

rthmcdragn said...

I think our mistake was using NWA.... their policy is much stricter that other airlines [and by the time we paid the extra $200.00 round trip to have them *babysat*, it would have been cheaper for us to use Spirit]. we have not had problems in the past with Spirit Airlines... their policy states that it is optional for children 12 and older to fly unaccompanied.... meaning, it would not, and has not, been a problem for them to fly alone, regardless of the flight. looks like NWA lost a customer, and Spirit has gained a more frequented customer.