Moonrise

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

T'were Wollf to have an Inauguration Speech......

In today's Big Hoo Hah Party.......

"Good morning, fellow Americans. Before taking the Oath of Office, I must say that Our first Order of business, besides protecting the American People from threats both Foreign and Domestic......

Is to get this Country back to Work. To infuse the American economy with the good old fashioned American work ethic.

What are all you People doing here, instead of working? You had the day off Yesterday!!

One to two million Americans on the Mall today just to see me make a Solemn Pledge? What, are you friggin' Nuts? Any of You who are Retired, members of the Press, Congressmen, Senators or a part of the Security Teams may stay.

The rest of You, please make an orderly evacuation of the area and either Get Back to Work, or Apply for a Job or Volunteer your Time to help this situation.

I am not going to buy you a television set, or pay your mortgage or feed your family. That is Your Job. In My view, Hope is not a Path and Change is not a Destination.

I have cancelled my appearance at any and all Inaugural Festivities, including the Balls that seem to be everywhere. I will say the Oath, and go inside, eat a chicken salad sandwich and get to the work of the American People.

Have you noticed that there are Two million of you on The Mall and only Five Thousand toilets? Do the math, People.

Get off my Lawn.
And thank you for your support."

*Insert Oath of Office here*

Wollf

8 comments:

cry_alone said...

ROFLOL!
actually, had i been able to be there, i wouuld have loved to see it.... its an historic event! the first black president of the United States. i mean, think about it! 50,60,70 yrs or longer ago that wld have been laughed at (and probably a lot more not so nice things done about it!)
I may not know much about obama, or politics fer that matter...and i may not agree w/ all his policies..
but still...
wow!


hehhee, altho i wld seriosuly pay money to hear an inaugeral speech like yer one wolfie! hehehehehehe!

i dunno if its tru or not.... but one of my co-workers told me that mccain once was asked what he thgt middle class was and he said "anybody who makes less then 5 million per yr"
i guess if i think about that, then i must be poor as church mouse!
lol

Rose said...

LOL :) Wollf!

Foxfier said...

Hehe, true, Wollf....

Myself?

I could care less about this "historic" event.
Sorry, but apparently I actually listened when they told us we're all equal. Yes, it's historic-- we are the oldest steady Democratic republic on earth, and here goes another hand-off without a fight.

I'm also an Irish Catholic that thinks JFK wasn't that great, so clearly I'm delusional or something....

Foxfier said...

Cry-
During the Saddleback Church "forum," the moderator asked for folks to define rich.
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/17/mccain-defines-rich/

It was a joke, and he even *said* it would be distorted.....

cry_alone said...

thanks focfire...hehhe well my co-worker didnt take it as a joke.. i lmao. like i said if that were tru, i'd be poor as a church mouse. i'll tell him what u said and see if that cools his jets :) but seriosuly... this si amazing... yes we are all created equal.... but just think about it! this wld not have been possible justa short while ago! i mean equal rights for all was a huge issue just a ha;f a century ago.. hell even 40 yrs ago in the 60's.... this is just so inspirational.. even if i dont tend to agree w/ all his policies... lol

Foxfier said...

Heh, heck with what I said-- just show him the vid. ;^p Prime source!

40 years may not seem like long to you, but to me...well, I turned 26 on the 17th.

My entire life has been that we're all equal, we can all grow up to be anything, and that we're all equal-- that it's down-right rude to point out someone's overt racial characteristics, and borderline controversial to even mention SEXUAL differences.

Now, all of a sudden, I'm supposed to freak out because...um... we're equal?

cry_alone said...

I was brought up the same way :)
but ok... foxfire..wolfie.. and everybody else who knows me via blog.. i shall now divulge my age.....
foxfire...*drum role*
i'm 26 too
*wink*
roflol :)
but i still fee 40 yrs aint that long ago :) lol!
i dont mean to get anybodys hackles up :)
agree to disagree :)
im still excited tho :) dont liek all his policies, and i dunno who wlda been my choice had i been able to choose ..... so we shall see...

cry_alone said...

oh and i forwarded him the vid......hehehehe.... my co-worker hasnt replied yet... we'll see what he thinks tommorow when i see him :)