Moonrise

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Did I ever tell you........

About how the visit went when I took M'Lady Dragn to meet my Father the Sar'Major? Whoo doggies, that was interesting....but first a little question......

What Nationality is this picture? The answer will be below the story of "Dragn and the Sar'Major"......


He had met her once before when we took the Cubs down to Tombstone for Helldorado days back in October.....it went pretty well, the Sar'Major wasn't feeling all flouncy bouncy, but I think it helped him behave.....

He is well known around Tucson parts as being kinda flamboyant, if you will. Any ways, the second trip, we sat down in the Folkes living room and had a pretty nice conversation, I think the old Man was a bit taken with Dragn.

He popped up, well, as well as an eighty seven year old "pops" up, and proclaimed that,"I got sumpin' for yer Gurl....." and tottered off into the nether regions of his Museum/ House........

We continued conversation with my Momma, who was wondering aloud, "What's that durn fool up to?...."

Well, it wasn't long before we found out. He toddled back into the room, holding high his Gift to Dragn, pride on his face that he's picked just the perfect thing for his Sons New Lady......

A Pink Accordion.

Yup, you read that right, the absolutely most powerful showing of acceptance known to Mankind.

I said, rather softly, so as not to ruin his high demeanor, "Er, umm....an Accordion?"

He brought the instrument down from on high, fixed me with his old Marine Segeant Major gaze of steel and replied, "Well, G-dammit, You told me she was a Polack!"

"All Polacks play the Accordion!"

I looked over at Dragn...........she smiled and said, "It's Beautiful!! I haven't had one since I lost mine in the move..."

I was stunned speechless.

The Sar'Major reveled in his victory...."I Told you Polacks play the Accordion!!"

Well Folkes, it just so happens that Dragn can play "anything", and one better than the other....but an Accordion? So there you have another stereotype proven right. Any of you Polacks out there want to come by, and sit on the Deck and play Polkas.....hey, hit hard and well....sheesh, I hate it when the old Guy is right on about something as weird as this.....

Oh yeah.....remember the question up there?
That there is Definitely Polish.....Wollf shoud know, dontcha think?



Gotcha and your naughty minds.....PG13, remember? H/T= DW
Have a Great Day.
Wollf

6 comments:

Rose said...

Nah, I knew it had to be trick question!

Pretty cool about your dad - funny, too!

Rose said...

Hey, Wollf - is PWW ok? I see she hasn't posted in a while.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Rose.....I asked myself the same question, it's been quite a while since she shared her insights with us.
I commented on her site a few weeks ago wondering the same thing.

Just sent her an e-mail....keep your fingers crossed, she's a good Lady.

cry_alone said...

Wolfie, u mentioned it a few posts ago and i am now lmao now that i know.... hehehhe. yeah, doesnt yer lady know in this day and age it is not pc to live up to sterotypes... we're tryin to break em. then again, i am irish, and i do love my alchohol.... SH*T! YIPEE FER STEROTYPES?~lol.
take care u two :)
((hugs))
and i am keeping my fingers crossed too

K T Cat said...

An accordion?!?

:-)

Rambling Rose said...

Aw, thanks guys.

Oh, and I love polka music. When I was a young housewife, I used to put polka music on when doing my housework - got it done much quicker and had fun at the same time.