Some really surprising an interesting facts that I came across recently. Some of them might be slightly exaggerated but hey, they are still damn interesting.
1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2&Prime by 3-1/2&Prime.
8. During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be seen in the distance (and Heston's wearing a watch).
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! (That explains a few mysteries… .)
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564, 000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
14. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a recorded Wendy before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen' s "Born in the USA." And he's also still a *dick*.
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby. And by G-d I still call 'em that....and snattlerakes too, but that's just Wollf.
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so the called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet. Like all the time, and what do I care since I'm colr blind anyways?
23. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.Although I've never tried it.....
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. But then who really cares? Celery is only good in Bloody Marys and with Buffalo wings anyways...
25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike
contest.How embarassing is that?
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson." Altough he should have.....
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than three steps backwards while dancing! Which makes all the world of sense to me....
29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher. I mean hy....you're gonna lick the stamp, right?
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries......I just think that's funny
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. Besides, the other Astronauts really don't care for it....
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave........Must be NASCAR fans, eh DW?
*Ducks, hides tail from inevitable stomp*
Therem my pretties...now my brain is clear, and you have to deal with it. My Grandfather always said that the amount of knowledge stored in the human brain was a finite thing. When it finally fills up....you fall over dead.....
This post may have just cost you about three minutes of your life. Sorry, but look at it this way....it's the last three minutes of your life.
How fun can those be anyway?