Moonrise

Monday, May 11, 2009

Tasmanian Devil Day........


Getting moved into a new house, and then the process of converting it, through hard work and Loving Hearts is an arduous...well, and amorous, task.

Want to hear about our Saturday? Too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway......

The reason I didn't blog over the weekend, by the numbers for brevity:

1...Woke up, got the Cubs up and fed, wrapped Ransom the Kitteh up in what we calla Kitteh Burrito for transport, loaded the Cubs and Dragn and Kitteh and headed of for a few errands......

2...Dropped Wollfie the Elder at Driver's Ed class, continued on to the Vet for a Ransom "outdoor kitteh" shot, turned around headed back to the Lair.

3...I scheduled a Carpet cleaner guy for the old Lair, dropped off Kitteh and reloaded to drive across town to pick up a "used" washer dreyer from a Lady. A single Lady.....as in she didn't have tool one for disconnecting the darn things. I, of course forgot, and we were in Dragn's Avalanche....a tool-less vehicle.

4...Back to the Lair to get the tools......Oops, now Lil Wolfie is running late for Piano Lesson....back across town to drop him....oops, no lesson today.....

5...Hey, says Dragn,"Best Buy is just around the corner, let's pop in and get an I-Touch docking station".......sure, no problema, except Wollf in an Electronics is considered "Unsafe Practices" by all regulatory agencies. walked out the store with a 42" Flat Panel TV, a Bee-damm-ewetiful three tier stand, and a fully integrated surround system............but not to worry, we remembered the docking station....

6...Then back across town to pick up the washer dryer.....Wait a minute, Hoss....seems the back of the Avalanche is filled with TV, et al....dammit.

7...To the Lair!!! Unload all the impetuously bought goodies into the garage....head back to the Ladies house, empty Avalanche and tools in hand. Disconnect, dolly out to the truck and wrestle the dryer...(light) and washer....(dammnably heavy), into the truck.....

*It's now 1230 hours, we're tired and hungry and thirsty, so....off to the Neighborhood haunt, Azar's for a light lunch and a beer........Back across town AGAIN, to pick up Wolfie the Elder from Driver's Ed, and the again to the Lair, where we found one of WTE's buddies hanging out with Uber the ferocious guard dog in the back yard.....I gave him stern warning against being in the yard with no one home as only I can do.....

8...Then had him and Wollfie the Elder off load the two machines........

9...Assembled them in place, hooked up the water and gas and power, and voila!! Dragn can wash the clothes in our own garage......yes, I can too.....

10...Carried in the TV, Stand and Surround, and assembled them, then Dragn hooked up the electronics.....Cubs went back to the X's house, and I readied for a much needed shower.......aaaah, I was looking forward to it.

No hot water!!! I turned it all the way to HOT and it was still freezing!! I NEEDED that shower, so shrieking like a little girlie man, I took it anyways.......Dammnable washer used all the hot water.....

Dressed, came out and warned Dragn of the no HOT situation, shivering to support my emphasis, but like a trooper, she decided to go Rambo too.......I giggled to myself.....

No screams from the shower! WTF? No WAY is she tougher than Wollf!!!

But smarter?
Yup.

In my tiredness, I had forgotten that this shower had HOT on the RIGHT side, not the LEFT. So...not only was I shivering whilst she was singing contentedly in the HOT shower.....I also had the very real knowledge that I can be a world class dumb a$$......oh, the pain.

So.....that's why I didn't blog this weekend

So.....Want to know what we did on Sunday?
Didn't think so......

Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day.
Wollf

2 comments:

rthmcdragn said...

think ya covered it all Wollf...... didn't realize just how busy we were till ya HAD to spell it out.... damn, Uber's got yer boonie, and yer brinin in the trash cans...... gotta jet......

aA said...

OMG tha's funny! An unnecessary cold shower. A lesson learned once, hopefully...

Glad you're moved in and hitched! Good job, brother Wollf!

Ccccoldd shshshshower, inDEED!