Moonrise

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Moving......oh boy...

It's 1030 hrs, Saturday.....sitting on the Lanai, contemplating "the move". Kitteh and Uber are meandering around, and I have been searching for something useful to do without getting in M'Lady Dragn's way.....

An insurmountable task. I think when she did her sixty day trip to South America, the Galapagos, et all, a few years ago, that she must have been surreptitiously bitten by a Tasmanian Devil.......

Hory Clap, that Woman is a Whirlwind. She is Soooo excited about "the move" and "The Wedding".....she just doesn't stop.....until she simply collapses from exhaustion at the end of the day.....

Men are only useful during a move for lifting heavy things. When I moved into this little cracker box condo ayear ago, it was Guys Only.....I just threw everything willy nilly into my truck that would fit, swiped a big stake bed from the Office, and had my "People" move the big stuff.....

Hey, my toolbox alone requires a minimum one ton lift gate.....I'm a Guy. (By he way, that is no exaggeration about the toolbox, it's four and a half feet long, five feet high, and two and a half feet deep......Guys, you know the one you've always wanted, the Knaack Box.....Hoo-Ah!!

Anyways, where was I?......Oh yes, M'Lady packs a bit differently.......all things of like kind are packed together in boxes and containers with content marked clearly on the exterior. Locations for the unpacking portion of the mission are clearly legible...."Kitchen". "Garage". "Master Bedroom". "Cubs Bedroom".....ad infinitum, you get the drift.

I guess I'm just a loser at moving. *sigh*.....

No, I'm NOT, dammit. I can lift heavy things. That's what we Guys are for, after all........Yay for musculature. It gives meaning to our lives......heh.

Oh......and we got "Renter's Insurance", because it's a Lease Option that we're doing....and all the "Basics" are covered, but one thing kinda jumped out at me. We have the standard "Jewelry, gold, silver, computers", et cetera loss coverage....but then there's an additional and separate "Firearms" coverage.......

That intrigues and maybe disturbs me. One: I didn't tell anyone that I"might" just own any firearms. Two: What the heck is $2,500.00 going to cover....my ammunition?
*Two was kind of a joke*.....

Anyways again, I'd better get off my butt and do something useful and out of the way....maybe I can sand the deck, or paint the molding or.....I know!!!

I'll go lift something heavy.
See you later,
Wollf

3 comments:

aA said...

Lifting, dragging, that's what we're good for! Yeah, i wonder if news leaked out that you "might" have some ammo and firearmas!

Well, lifting and watching Chuck Norris movies.

Foxfier said...

Re: insurance.

The Elf and I have gaming computers-- they're the single most valuable items in the apartment.

Replacement cost on just one of them would be more than 2.5k.... (Built to last!)

Anonymous said...

Dragn has one of those.....wollf does not touch..... Ever !!