Moonrise

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Got another of those E-mails today........

Where some poor Soul with no heirs is killed in a horrible calamity, and the weary Attorney, Barrister, Counsel......can't seem to find anyone to help him out of the terrible jam he has.......

How do I get rid of $9.7 million dollars.........here's the letter in it's entirety, including his address, just in case you want to help.....
I am Barrister Ramli Bin Azizi, personal attorney to Mr. Michael Hernandez, an expatriate who was resident here in Kuala-Lumpur , Malaysia . On the 2nd of January, 2006 I received a call that my client died in the Tsunami Disaster with his wife and child while on vacation at Phuket Island in Thailand. Since then I have made several inquiries to locate any of my client's extended relatives but it has proved unsuccessful. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the funds left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared un-serviceable by the bank where this deposit is lodged.

Particularly, the bank where the deceased had an account valued at US$9,700, 000.00 (Nine Million and Seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next-of-kin or have the account confiscated. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the biological relatives of my late client, I hereby seek your consent to present you to the bank as his next-of-kin since you are a foreigner, so that the balance on his account can be transferred to you as inheritance and thereafter, you and me can share the money; 45% to me, 40% to you, and 15% will be donated to the Tsunami Disaster Charity Fund. As a lawyer I will obtain from the relevant authority, necessary legal paperwork that will be used to substantiate and legalize our claim to the inheritance. All I require is your consent; honest co-operation and assistance to enable us see the deal through. Finally, I guarantee that the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please contact me via my alternative email address: barrister.ramliazizi@gmail.com to enable us discuss further.

Thank you
Barr. Ramli Bin Azizi

So....because I am the fellow that I am, give, give, help a brotha who needs it.....I replied:

Ramli,

Thank you so much for your offer. I would be more than happy to assist you in your well meaning efforts. I shall discharge my most honorable duties with pride.

Please forward 10% (Ten Percent), $950,000.00, US to my Paypal account as retainer and I shall have my staff start the process.

Feel free to contact me again with your Name, Address, and a telephone number and I shall give you the information on how to make the retainer payment to my Paypal account.

I have chosen Paypal for it's security for both yourself and me.

I look forward to assisting you.

Best regards,
Wollf Howlsatmoon

Am I a good guy, or what. I'll post any replies I receive.......*right*
Wollf

3 comments:

K T Cat said...

It would be great to reply back and say that you, too, had a relative die in a horrible car crash and he had $53,500,000 in a bank account in Zaire ...

pilgrimchick said...

This is a new spin on that old scam that I hadn't heard yet. People amaze me.

aA said...

KT has a great idea! I like your PayPal twist, tho...could you forward $9.50 USD to my account just for liking your idea?